Squeezebox 3 help please! *and the abyssmal CS of Squeezebox*
Jun 30, 2007 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Squeek

Headphoneus Supremus
So I've had a Squeezebox for a year or so. I love it. It has changed the way I listen to music.

A week ago, my computer went haywire. It all of a sudden hated my iPod and the Squeezebox, so I DBAN'd and did a fresh install. It was time. I had backed up all of my music, and transferred it back on after. My music collection is clean, so that is not the problem.

My Squeezebox refuses to recognize some albums. I can't fathom why. Some are 320kbps rips that I did a few days ago, though some are older that I had long before I reformatted.

I have tried the following...

1) Converted all ID3 tags in iTunes to 2.4
2) Tried not using iTunes for the slimserver at all
3) Tried uninstalling slimserver and reinstalling

Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 30, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 5
**Follow up...**

Another reinstall has resulted in albums showing up, but not under the correct artist.

eg...Radiohead is there, but no Kid A. However, if I search for an album, it is there, tagged as being by Radiohead, but not accessible if I choose Radiohead as the artist.

I am just about ready to go on a murderous rampage.

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by valeite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe there is a bug in slimserver 6.5.2 that can give this type of problem

That's it. I was tearing my hair out and it is a bug in 6.5.2. I installed the beta and it works perfectly again. I emailed the bug to tech support, so hopefully it gets ironed out.

Jul 4, 2007 at 5:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Another follow up...so the problem I thought was fixed with the beta slim server software is not fixed. For whatever reason, it found all of my Radiohead albums, but is now missing 2 Bright Eyes albums (and who knows what else with over 120gb of music).

I sent an email to their tech support the same time I made this thread, and the email contained the same info as I posted originally here. I have received one reply, on Monday, simply and only, asking me if I am using iTunes, which I obviously indicated in my original email. I replied and politely stated, that as indicated in my original email, I have tried both using and not using iTunes. As of now, no follow up.

My email and their response below...

"All of my albums show up, but they are not under some of the correct artists. For example, my Radiohead folder (under artists) will only show 2 albums, however there should be 8 albums! If I search for Kid A for example, I can find it under albums and it is correctly tagged as being a Radiohead album, but it won't categorize it under Radiohead. Worse still, I can't find the albums under any other artists...only when I search by album.

I have tried the following...

1) Uninstalling and reinstalling slimserver
2) Converting all tags to 2.4 in iTunes
3) Using iTunes
4) NOT using iTunes

Just to be clear...I am meticulous in maintaining my music folder. Everything is labeled correctly and in the correct folder. I can't understand why slimserver won't find everything by all artists."

The response...

"Hello,

Are you using iTunes?

Please let me know."

My reply...

"Yes, I am using iTunes. Please see my original email where I indicated that I have attempted to use as well as not use, iTunes, with the same result. Again, some albums just won't show up.

I tried installing the "beta" version of slim server from your website, which strangely, resulted in the Radiohead albums that were missing to show up, but there are others that still won't appear."

It has taken them 96 hours to discern what I told them in my original email. Astounding genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back