Spotting fake new beats studio (2013 version)
May 20, 2014 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

maykonsantini

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

sorry if I am posting this at the wrong place.

I just got the new studios and would like to know whether they're genuine or not.

I have searched a lot and I found a TON of videos, posts, photos, guides, etc to show how to spot the fake old beats. That is perfectly clear. But I couldn't find one single website or video explaining in a clear way, what the differences are between the new fake and genuine beats.

Can you help me on that? If this thread is repeated, sorry. I searched the forum and found no similar thread (just regarding the old ones...).

PS.: If you hate beats it's ok, but don't pollute the thread posting it here :)

Thanks a lot guys!

May 20, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 12
Hi friend,

thanks a lot for helping!

I know that, but this information is too superficial...

The other websites/videos/blogs that explain about the old beats give several tips regarding the package (color differences, trademarks, magnet), accessories and the headphone itself.

This is the kind of thing I`m looking for right now.

Do you have any information or can give me a contact of anyone who might help?

Thanks a lot!

May 21, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #5 of 12
Barely anyone on this forum use beats hence the lack of responses.  I don't know what you have but I'd just look at all these unboxings and what not to cross reference your packaging compared to theirs: http://www.google.com/search?q=2013+beats+fake&oq=2013+beats+fake&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i60.4447j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I remember people saying "the knock offs don't sound bad at all" and some people would literally buy knock off beats iems just because they sounded as good and were cheaper.  

May 21, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #6 of 12
  Barely anyone on this forum use beats hence the lack of responses.  I don't know what you have but I'd just look at all these unboxings and what not to cross reference your packaging compared to theirs: http://www.google.com/search?q=2013+beats+fake&oq=2013+beats+fake&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l3j69i60.4447j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

I remember people saying "the knock offs don't sound bad at all" and some people would literally buy knock off beats iems just because they sounded as good and were cheaper.  

Hi!

Thanks for helping...

Yes, I agree with you, I think I'm left with cross referencing the package.
I just created the thread cause I've seen many people posting guides and everything comparing genuine and fake beats, but for the old version. I thought it was just a matter of time for someone to show up with some information about the new one :)

But thanks a lot anyway, that's what I aim to do!!! :)

May 22, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 12
Don't give up on them. It's not difficult to fathom that knock-off Beats might sound better than the originals. They can hardly sound much worse. And for those who wear them to make a "statement," who cares of they are genuine?

May 22, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #8 of 12
Hi friend,

Thanks for helping.

It's not a matter of which sounds better or not, but when you have something you want it to be genuine, right? No one likes to be fooled :wink:

Even if the fake ones sound great, or even better I really would like to know if what I have is genuine or not!

Thanks a lot!

May 22, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 12
  Don't give up on them. It's not difficult to fathom that knock-off Beats might sound better than the originals. They can hardly sound much worse. And for those who wear them to make a "statement," who cares of they are genuine?

The 2013 Studios are pretty decent. This Beats bashing is pretty old and tiresome. It was valid with the old Studios, Solo and Solo HD.

To the OP take your Studios to somewhere has demo units. Do A-B test to see if you can hear differences, do the same physically. Also take your box to compare with one at the store, fake Beats usually have a darker colouration on the box that blacks out Dres face and they typically sound terrible apart from fake Solos that actually sound about the same. The new Studios use a much better driver, check the noise cancelling as well as some of the feautures like the pause button(I think it has one) on the cups. The newer Studios have this ability that if the plug is pulled out the phones turn off after about 10 mins, try that too.

Good luck!

May 22, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #10 of 12
That's the curse of image. Takes forever to build up and generally lags behind reality quite a bit. It's faster to catch up when your quality sucks than the other way around. You have to consistently and for quite some time push out great quality before the public image changes in your favor.

If they continue to produce good sounding and competitively priced headphones, they will get there.

Cheers,
K

May 22, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #11 of 12
The 2013 Studios are pretty decent. This Beats bashing is pretty old and tiresome. It was valid with the old Studios, Solo and Solo HD.

To the OP take your Studios to somewhere has demo units. Do A-B test to see if you can hear differences, do the same physically. Also take your box to compare with one at the store, fake Beats usually have a darker colouration on the box that blacks out Dres face and they typically sound terrible apart from fake Solos that actually sound about the same. The new Studios use a much better driver, check the noise cancelling as well as some of the feautures like the pause button(I think it has one) on the cups. The newer Studios have this ability that if the plug is pulled out the phones turn off after about 10 mins, try that too.

Good luck!

Hi! Thanks a lot for the tips! These were great :D

I really wanted to take my beats and compare with the ones on the shop but that's the problem - I live in a small town and there is not a single shop that sells beats here... I even looked for it but found nothing, they just sell over the Internet.

But thanks a lot, really.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back