Spotify is like the greatest thing ever.
Sep 25, 2012 at 12:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

yepimonfire

500+ Head-Fier
Who else agrees? Even the free version is awesome. 160kbps OGG for free users and up to 320kbps for paid. With OGG i can't really tell a difference past 160 anyways but still. I love it because i have saved enough albums to playlists that if i were to purchase them all individually, it would easily cost me $1000 dollars or more. With spotify i can have access to an all but endless library of high quality tracks. I can download the tracks onto my phone too (premium feature).

Pretty sweet.

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #2 of 10
I don't use it regularly, but it is really nice to be able to try out music before I buy it. Better than YouTube, in most cases.

Sep 25, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
I use it at work, but it's missing a lot of music that I look for.  I would buy premium for my phone if it wasn't for that.

Just curious, what music can't you find?

Sep 27, 2012 at 6:20 AM Post #6 of 10
Now I have Spotify and MOG and I'm paying for both! 
cool.gif

I can't resist it!

It's all-you-can-eat music, and between the two of them, they have about 90%+ of what I search to find.

MOG sounds so good (320kbps), that I find myself playing stuff on MOG that I already own on high-quality MP3, just because it's so fast to look it up on MOG and arrange my playlists. There's no point in playing lossy files I own if the same stuff is on MOG. I just stream it. (Except I'm wasting bandwidth, but I have that covered...)  I use the MOG desktop player. Then, I play stuff on Spotify if I don't own it and it's not on MOG. I still love the Spotify playlists and some of the features.

I have learned that Spotify and MOG do not have exactly the same stuff! It is mandatory to search both, because the content is not exactly the same! 

But, if I own the music in FLAC ripped from CD's, I always listen to that from my hard disk. FLAC still sounds better than any lossy file format, and there's absolutely no point in streaming stuff that I already own in a superior file format, like FLAC. I don't waste bandwidth streaming from MOG or Spotify if I've got the FLAC file, because the FLAC is still going to sound better. 
smile.gif

However, if I don't have the FLAC file, I check MOG first and Spotify second. With all of that, I'm in high-quality music overload! 
biggrin.gif

I wish MOG had an add-on equalizer like there is for Spotify at www.equalify.me. MOG's got the better sound overall, but I wish they had an equalizer, and like I said before, the content on Spotify and MOG is not exactly the same. There are albums and tracks missing from one that are on the other.

Sep 28, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
I don't suppose there's a service as good as MOG for mobiles devices only. $10/month for mobile is too much for me -_-

... well if your an EDM fan Digitally Imported has 256k Streaming for $50 a year [month would be scary huh], it sounds pretty good actually and ofc there's over 50 different genres. I got it simply to be able to find new Artists and music styles... and there's a digital app that's free so I like it! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back