sportapro and ksc-75
Jan 17, 2005 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 24
IMHO the 75 also has a slightly wider soundstage... very slight difference thats hardly noticeable. Nice avitar... KSC75s do metalllica very well. Lars kick drum tripplets sound huge, and James/Kirks ADA MP1 distortion tones sound very good too. Im listening to Wecome Home sanitarium as I type this.

**edit**

you mention portability..
KSC75s are a little on the fragile side IMHO... I mean you cant just wad them up and toss them in a backpack... like my EX51. I accidently bent the earhook once. I use a small tupperware box to store them while traveling.

Garrett

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #6 of 24
sportapro has a convertable headband that you may find more comfortable, but its also kinda ugly.

Do you guys know which one is the ksc-75?

this one is from headroom store
0020130075front4ui.jpg

or this one from the koss site
ksc75lg5ub.jpg

I've seen member pics of both, but which one is it? The koss one sure does look better because its actually white and resembles the ksc-35

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #7 of 24
Those are both pics of the KSC-75, just under slightly different lighting.

Jan 17, 2005 at 6:39 PM Post #9 of 24
From the pics I've seen (google image search is your pal), the KSC-35 is black and looks quite a bit different.

Jan 17, 2005 at 8:03 PM Post #10 of 24
The KSC75 is silver KSC35 is black. I'm 99% certain there is no white version of either.

One of the photos is reflecting more light so it appears white, but in reality its the same.

Garrett

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #11 of 24
Unfortunately, it looks like koss is still using that fabric covering for the cables. I just bought the KSC75 and now I'm kind of regretting it. That fabric covering is horrible, no where near the quality of my A900 cloth covered cable (makes sense though). I have the KSC50 and those have started to unravel, exposing the wires inside. They get into knots and are permanently bent easily.

Oh well...gotta watch out when they come in....

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:54 AM Post #12 of 24
... they have fabric cables??? crap i just bought them online and they are being shipped as i type... i was already contemplating hard whether or not to get these (they are really ugly) and having cloth cables would have tipped it towards the negative side quite a bit.

Jan 18, 2005 at 9:04 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by timcwoo
... they have fabric cables??? crap i just bought them online and they are being shipped as i type... i was already contemplating hard whether or not to get these (they are really ugly) and having cloth cables would have tipped it towards the negative side quite a bit.

I hope I am wrong
tongue.gif
, but the more I see the pictures, the more I think they are normal polymer cables. Check out this thread...

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89791

Maybe someone can confirm?

Jan 18, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSh
I hope I am wrong
tongue.gif
, but the more I see the pictures, the more I think they are normal polymer cables. Check out this thread...

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=89791

Maybe someone can confirm?

Fabric cables!!??? (Looks at KSC75s sitting on desk)... Nope mine are certainly not fabric. Rubber/poly-plastic of some sort.

Garrett

Jan 18, 2005 at 8:17 PM Post #15 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Fabric cables!!??? (Looks at KSC75s sitting on desk)... Nope mine are certainly not fabric. Rubber/poly-plastic of some sort.

Garrett

Excellent!! I loathe the fabric cable they put on the KSC50's. Im tempted to send it back to Koss because the fabric is disintegrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back