SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade
Mar 24, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #121 of 1,133
Btw, I should mention I purchased my set from Dopaminer (the member above) and they came in true SpinFit style like a real order! 8 days from Japan to Australia (pretty good going)

Don't buy them all though! I need to get some more!  
devil_face.gif

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:23 AM Post #122 of 1,133
  Btw, I should mention I purchased my set from Dopaminer (the member above) and they came in true SpinFit style like a real order! 8 days from Japan to Australia (pretty good going)

Don't buy them all though! I need to get some more!  
devil_face.gif

+1 for Dopaminer, i got few different spint fit tips and the one from Dopaminer have much more premium/luxury feel

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:28 AM Post #123 of 1,133
  +1 for Dopaminer, i got few different spint fit tips and the one from Dopaminer have much more premium/luxury feel

This is true, someone else mentioned the same thing to me via PM (about the more premium feel)

Its just great, something otherwise very hard for me to find a member here can help with! 

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #124 of 1,133
Xeset, looking at your picture with that dark, smokey colored silicon, I am sure you have the Muse Spinfit, not the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits I`m providing.  I`ve never seen anything like that here in Japan with the Spinfit label.  They might both be manufactured in Taiwan, but in addition to the color, there is a distinct difference in the texture and, seemingly, the quality.  I saw the Muse spinfits in Bangkok . .  

For me, these Spinfits simply seal better than any other tip, and because of the better seal, the increased isolation and of course the non-collapsing sound tube, I hear more detail, especially in the lower frequencies.  They are also great at keeping my IEMs in my ears, physically, comfortably, due, I believe, to higher-grade silicon...  

And yes, if anyone wants some, don`t hesitate to send me a PM.  I`ve bought out the local stationary store`s entire stock of small zip lock bags, in true drug-dealer style!  

d

What colors are available for the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits? It's confusing to have SpinFits by different companies

Mar 24, 2015 at 8:20 AM Post #125 of 1,133
Here's a few more photos demonstrating the SpinFit tips on some IEM.

Vsonic GR07 (yes, they fit securely)

Dunu Titan

Zero Audio Tenore

Fidue A83

Dunu DN-1000 (look at the reach that gives!)

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #126 of 1,133
On the Fitear Parterre:

Dunu DN2K:

JVC FX850

Right now the Japanese Sarounbi Spinfits are available with red or white sound tubes, like in my pics above.  Sarounbi, BTW, is the company that owns Olasonic, and makes Ochiraku IEMs.  

I don`t know much about Muse, the other company that sells Spinfits.  When I saw them in Bangkok, there were many colors, the tips seemed stiffer/rougher and they were much more expensive.  I`ve posted this pic before but it`s good for a laugh: I was at Jaben in Bangkok when they received these sacks of Spinfits.  They are selling these for around $15 a pair; you can see why the woman working there can afford all the platinum jewelry. . . 

Mar 24, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #129 of 1,133
  They kill the mids on the DN-1000, I find. Got a pair yesterday and appreciate them ergonomically, but not convinced yet sonically.

That's the thing about tips they are a very personal  issue. What works for me may not work for you. I found that trail and error was the only way to find the right tips for each iem. The spinfits work great for me on some iem  but not on others, We all have different ear canals. There simply is no one size fits all. Fortunately tips are relatively cheap so you don't have to break the bank to try several. 

Mar 24, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #130 of 1,133
I will get some of these from Dopaminer once these questions are answered:

1) Assuming the larger bore will fit the original Senn IE8.  Is that correct?
2) Do these run normal, a bit smaller, or a bit larger in a size by size with most?

Thanks

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #131 of 1,133

2) Do these run normal, a bit smaller, or a bit larger in a size by size with most?

Thanks

1) The packaging says for nozzles 4.5 - 5.5 mm.  However, we have seen above that they can be fit on larger nozzles (the Rockets); they can also be used on smaller nozzles, like Shure SE, by wrapping the nozzle with tape or head-shrink.  

2) For me, and as has been mentioned this is extremely variable by indifidual, the Spinfit sizes align with other brands` sizes.  I take M Spinfit and M in everything else. 

d

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:00 PM Post #132 of 1,133

Thanks

Smart question to ask as I found out the hard way that Ortofon Large is the same as everyone's  medium. SML mean something different to every manufacturer but Ortofon is off on their own planet.

Mar 24, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #133 of 1,133
  Smart question to ask as I found out the hard way that Ortofon Large is the same as everyone's  medium. SML mean something different to every manufacturer but Ortofon is off on their own planet.

Yes

Left to right: M Spinfit  M Spiraldot  M Ortofon

Mar 25, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #134 of 1,133

Thanks

They will go on IE8s very nicely. They run fractionally smaller than Spiral Dot sizes and about the same as Sony Hybrids but they are much softer in the ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back