Spike TV - Scream Awards Show
Oct 11, 2006 at 3:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

DarkAngel

DarkAngel's a man, baby!
Did anyone catch this awards show last night on Spike TV?

This was the best awards show I have ever seen by far!

Completely over the top, sensors went to bed any foul language was aired un bleeped and the graphic gore and carnage shown from film clips up for awards was uncut and easily could be rated x/unrated material.......I couldn't believe that was being aired on Spike TV

The presenters were great, Jessica Alba has wicked sense of dark humor.

One of the highlights was director and two actors from Saw II came out, the actors decided time for payback for tough work schedule......so they held down director in chair and using circular surgical saw removed top of his skull exposing his brain and removed implanted film clips of Saw III

The sequence with tax collector back stage and Zombie collecting his bag of goodies was really sick.

Appearances by:
Rob Zombie (award winner also)
Marilyn Manson
Ozzy

Oct 11, 2006 at 7:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Well, Kate Beckinsale was there, so it was good enough for me
wink.gif

Couldn't help but laugh at Korn's awful performance. Jonathan Davis was brutal.

Oct 11, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 8
wow...so not into this scene...but goth chicks are strangely somewhat attractive to me..
confused.gif

but rock on...sounds like it was a good show..reruns on spike to those that missed it?

Oct 11, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 8
I watched a bit of it, but I just can't take the gore any more. It's just too realistic now days. Even though I'm fully aware it's just Hollywood magic, knowing this sort of stuff sometimes actually happens to real people sickens me.

Oct 11, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Couldn't help but laugh at Korn's awful performance. Jonathan Davis was brutal.

Yes very bad and Chemical Romance goth/punk not much better..........
I would have loved to had Rob Zombie perform some older classic material like:
-Thunder Kiss 69
-Living Dead Girl
-Dragula
-More Human Than a Human
or even just kick ass rock like "feel so numb"

Quote:

Well, Kate Beckinsale was there, so it was good enough for me

Yep, she got first award of the night for Underworld Evolution

Quote:

I watched a bit of it, but I just can't take the gore any more. It's just too realistic now days. Even though I'm fully aware it's just Hollywood magic, knowing this sort of stuff sometimes actually happens to real people sickens me.

Those preview clips for Saw III were off the charts graphic gore.......not sure how Spike TV was able to air that material

Oct 24, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 8
Fangora Awards on FUSE Network
A similar awards show was aired on FUSE with many of the same movies and characters up for awards.......if anything this show was more extreme than the Spike TV Scream Awards, anyone see this?

The autopsy table with opened corpse next to award podium from which various organs were removed giving catagory winners was a nice touch
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 24, 2006 at 8:05 PM Post #7 of 8
i want to see this though it just seems to be a show to promote mainstream alternative rock and etc. im totally not into that stuff. i find it just plain trash then again thats why its my opinion.

Oct 25, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #8 of 8
I didn't pay any attention to music groups playing.......the new crop of movies are incredibly violent and gory.....those clips from Hostel and Saw II are intense!

There was more mainstream celebrities at Spike TV Scream awards because they included "fantasy" type movies......the FUSE Fangora show was more "fringe" element demented sickos since they just focused on horror/slasher/gorehound movies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back