Spiderman 4. What Villian would you like to see?
Apr 27, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #2 of 14
Spiderman 4 won't be coming out.

They decided to make a re-boot and will be starting from scratch.

EXCLUSIVE: ‘SPIDER-MAN 4′ SCRAPPED; SAM RAIMI & TOBEY MAGUIRE & CAST OUT; FRANCHISE REBOOT FOR 2012 – Deadline.com

Supposedly, I heard Sam Raimi didn't wanna do things the "Sony" way and decided to bail out. I think Spiderman 3's major fail was because of that producers telling him what to do and he just got fed up and decided to let it go.

I have a feeling the reboot is going to be a major disappointment.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Supposedly, I heard Sam Raimi didn't wanna do things the "Sony" way and decided to bail out. I think Spiderman 3's major fail was because of that producers telling him what to do and he just got fed up and decided to let it go.

I have a feeling the reboot is going to be a major disappointment.

Yeah. I heard there was a major problem in that Raimi wanted to cast John Malkovich as The Vulture and have him be the main villain. Sony wanted a bigger name villain and actor instead, as well as a few other changes. Raimi refused and walked out.

I also have a feeling the reboot is going to be a major disappointment.

Apr 27, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #4 of 14
The 3rd was def getting into Batman & Robin territory. I don't think Venom was handled as well as it could have been. I hope the spin-off Venom movie does a good job. I wish Carnage would show up, but probably not. They setup the backstory of The Lizard in the last few slightly, so that is possible as well.

Apr 28, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 14
The reboot is going to blow. Some studio genius was like "Hey, instead of taking another shot at a series that has made 2 good movies already, let's reboot the franchise, give it a lower budget, crappy director, and focus the story on teen angst! Win!"

Apr 28, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. I heard there was a major problem in that Raimi wanted to cast John Malkovich as The Vulture and have him be the main villain. Sony wanted a bigger name villain and actor instead, as well as a few other changes. Raimi refused and walked out.

I also have a feeling the reboot is going to be a major disappointment.

I think there was a problem with the way that millions of people haven't forgiven Raimi for Spiderman 3.

Apr 28, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #9 of 14
I wasn't a big fan of the Spiderman movies, to be honest. Where was Spiderman's trademark humor and wit? Tobey Maguire was a decent Peter Parker, but a lousy version of Spiderman, his superhero alter ego. I actually thought the animated series was better in that respect than the movies, go figure.

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who is Spidarman?

He spins the webs that form the intarnets.

As much as I love Raimi, and felt he did many things right throughout the series (casting Bruce Campbell, J.K. Simmons, Alfred Molina), the movies were pretty damn disappointing overall.

I'll definitely see the first movie to launch, but I have low hopes.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #13 of 14
Anne Hathaway for SM4? No. I love her as an actress but for this franchise is a total mistake. After reading the article, even if Anne isn't casted, I too have a feeling the remake will be a flop.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #14 of 14
Yeah.. I checked AFTER making this thread.. Would the Vulture fly with fans? No pun? To me you still have Mysterio/Lizard/Scorpion/Shocker/Rhino/Electro/Kingpin.. IMO Kingpin should be in the reboot.. Maybe add the gangster hammerhead.. 3 was a train wreck I blame on Sony mostly.. Wanted to impress the fanboys.. Venom! Cool. I'd still like a Wolverine Spider man clash hero vs anti hero.. The rogue Logan, maybe hired by Kingpin..During the time Logan was in Japan..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back