special deal for 1 rather wealthy person
Nov 4, 2005 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 18
WOW!!! Yes, I'd say it is....and I'll bet it doesn't stay on the open market for very long.
frown.gif

Nov 4, 2005 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 18
Wow. Anyone want to lend me $11k?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:18 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by hungrych
40 dollars a cd a bargain? I'm not that farmiliar with MFSL, do they really sound that great?
tongue.gif

MFSL pressings are hit-and-guess just like any other CD, but the people behind the controls are far more experienced than most others, and tailor the sound quality specific towards their target audience, being the audiophile crowd. The discs are manufactured to be played on extremely high quality gear, and the master tapes, the most pure signals, are always used.

All of the MFSL pressings I've hard, on both vinyl and CD, sounded spectacular to me (much better than I had anticipated). My 180gram copy of John Lennon - Imagine is truly amazing. The other version I have (some old re-pressing from the late 80s) doesn't hold a candle to it.

Nov 5, 2005 at 4:25 AM Post #9 of 18
Man, If I didn't just spend that $11,000 to win a cannoli that resembles John Paul II on ebay I would be all over this.

I'll guess I will just place my prize on top of my CDP and give all my music a saintly presence.

biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 18
If this were the whole vinyl catalog, it would be pretty cool. 40/per for ceedees seems a bit over the top--must be a premium for completists...

Nov 5, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #12 of 18
Yeesh. I don't get the appeal of paying that much for audiophile CD's. Regardless of the mastering quality, it's still just 16/44 PCM. And besides, what good is it to spend $11 grand on music if you have no control over what music you're getting? There are albums on that list that I'd pay $40 not to own.

Nov 5, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 18
factor: OK then, let's split the difference; I'll pay $5500, you pay $5500, and I'll take all the CDs
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2005 at 10:51 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by daycart1
If this were the whole vinyl catalog, it would be pretty cool. 40/per for ceedees seems a bit over the top--must be a premium for completists...

some of the CDs go for over $100 on ebay, so $40 isn't so bad. if someone can give me $10,750 i can cover the rest...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back