Special Davy Jones thread
Mar 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ucrime

Head-Fier
Okay, in my tribute to Mr. Jones, I have a question for the forums, and to tell you the truth, I do not think anyone will figure this one out.  You will have to be an old timer in headphone knowledge for this one....

This is Davy singing 'Girl' on the Brady Bunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRNFus7Pbp4

In this video, Davy and the Engineer wear different headphones, and I love the ones Davy has,...but.... what are they?

Davy may have customs ones, but the engineer?  I don't think so.

As I said, I doubt anyone in this day and age has the knowledge of this one (okay, I am goating you all), but if someone does know, I would love to know myself.

Oh, this is the conclusion, if anyone wants to see... and, man, I get a little teary eyed at the part he says he has a problem....

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 7
WOW I just watched the youtube video. DId you see the synced up reel to reel action? How about that board? I think those headphones are Superlux 662 with a sock mod.

Mar 1, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #5 of 7
They sock mod is huge if so (and I like it).  I've seen Superlux 661, they aren't that big, was the company around back in the 60s?  If so, I would bet, for the 30-40$, these would be nice headphones.  What about the engineer, he had molded pilot type headphones.

(I've watched the video a lot now, it's classic to me, I grew up then).

Mar 1, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 7
I saw them at the old mile high stadium  about 16 years ago and they sounded very good. It was a july 4th celebration with incredible fire works and an assortment of American bands including Loggins and Mesina. R.I.P. Davey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back