Speakers! Help looking for alternates? or just getting started up.
Mar 21, 2013 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RochRx7

500+ Head-Fier
Looking into a pair of bookshelf speakers for music and for my wifey's Karaoke entertainment.

I've done some research and sought advice.. I'm on a pretty tight budget so I was recommended to search for 2nd hand/used gear to get the most bang for buck.

Here's what I settled on trying to attain:

Integrated Amp: Tandberg 3012 $175 (a few found on eBay, all NON WORKING.. with repair estimates ranging from $200-$800 O_O)

Speakers: Adam Audio A-7 $287 a pair (2 on eBay, all NON WORKING speakers)
                Sound Dynamics RTS-3 (no luck finding anywhere except old threads)

So.. I'm just looking for more options from different forums (avs, aa, stereophile) to see what I can muster up.

Budget: $400-$600 Max
Usage: Music listening mainly.. with the ability to do Karaoke
Music Preferences: Vocals, acoustic, classical (detail, clarity, mids, soundstage, seperation and imaging)
Room: varies

I plan on having the bookshelfs Primarily for my usage in my small office (12x12).. and when the lady wants to do karaoke.. I would just bring em' over to the living room (est: less than 350sqft-ish) and put them on some stands.

So the mic and mixer will come last, but not far behind.

Any help for someone who has zero experience with speaker-fi.. !?

Edit: or should I be looking at Floorstanding speakers? (I don't know if I can fit it with this budget)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back