Speakers for the Woo Audio WA5...
Jun 12, 2009 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

number1sixerfan

Headphoneus Supremus
I have looked at plenty of offerings of high efficiency speakers and I am now deciding between the Klipsch Cornwall(really leaning towards these if I can find a pair in good condition locally) and the Omega Super Alnico 8 XRS. I'll be driving them with the Woo Audio WA5.

I can't find much info on the Omega's although they look very good on paper and in picture.
biggrin.gif
Anyone know of any reviews on their top models?

Cornwalls on the other hand have plenty of info floating around out there. Only problem with these is that they are pretty expensive new, and I'm not sure they are worth THAT much, although the reviews rave about them.

Which would you pick and why? Now, I know this is head-fi and someone will throw out a completely different speaker that I am not considering.
biggrin.gif
If so, also say why.

Thanks!

Jun 13, 2009 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you ever listened to a horn? To me w/ the right amp (warm) they sound fantastic and they are very efficient so you can get buy w/ a low power amp. Klipsch is one of my favorite speaker manufactures (along Maggies) but their sound is not for all so try to find a local dealer to listen to a pair. Good luck.

Jun 14, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not familiar with the mentioned speakers, but you may want to head over to AucioCircle
Omega Speaker Systems

Thanks, there is a lot of info there. I'll go through it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you ever listened to a horn? To me w/ the right amp (warm) they sound fantastic and they are very efficient so you can get buy w/ a low power amp. Klipsch is one of my favorite speaker manufactures (along Maggies) but their sound is not for all so try to find a local dealer to listen to a pair. Good luck.

Well the closest dealer that carries the Heritage line is 90 miles away. I really don't want to take a road trip just to listen to them, so I need to figure out if there is another way I can possibly hear them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back