Speakers for $800~
May 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SilverS

Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of listening speakers (will also be used as studio monitors) for around $800~. So far I've looked at the PSB Imagine Mini's and they look promising. Any other suggestions would be helpful

Also, just looked at the PSB T5s they look really nice!

Note I will be hooking these up to:
Peachtree Audio Dac-iT > Bottlehead Quickie > Bottlehead S.E.X.

May 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #2 of 7
Sorry, but these threads are all the same. Who cares what other people like? Just go to your local hifi shop and listen to some speakers and decide for yourself. You taste your food before you swallow? Listen before you buy.

May 2, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #4 of 7
couple of suggestions:

What

Your

Ears

May 2, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Sorry, but these threads are all the same. Who cares what other people like? Just go to your local hifi shop and listen to some speakers and decide for yourself. You taste your food before you swallow? Listen before you buy.

well, if wasn't for the comments/reviews of forums like this I probably wouldn't even know Paradigm's speakers existed. none of the "local" (London) shops I visited had them, and I didn't care for most of the other speakers I heard. I had to drive almost two hours to the nearest dealer to audition. not very local.

May 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #7 of 7
I'm currently looking at purchasing a pair of Mirage OMD15's from Vanns.com at a really reduced cost right now. ($400/speaker fire-sale... typically 1299 or so per speaker.) They are omni-directional but are recommended with 25W - 200W so your setup may prove insufficient. I'm broke as hell right now so I haven't pounced yet, but thought you may want to read up on them. Best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back