soundtrack thread
Apr 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #16 of 60
The complete recording of LOTR is absolutely amazing.  It has to be one of the biggest sounding scores that I know of.  It sounds absolutely massive.  Easily 200+ instruments.  

Apr 14, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #20 of 60
Just bought the soundtracks from Babylon A.D. and Vantage Point by Atli Örvarsson. They are pretty big in soundstage. Sometimes reminds me of Steve Jablonsky. A member of Head-Fi in another thread recommended it and really can say the same :wink:

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:11 PM Post #21 of 60
this is a great OST

The natural staring robert redford.  Love the film too!

Apr 18, 2011 at 1:22 AM Post #22 of 60
A few favorites in my current listening rotation: (1) Oh Brother Where Art Thou; (2) Across the Universe; (3) Garden State; and (4) 500 Days of Summer

Apr 22, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #23 of 60
In no particular order (more film scores than soundtracks, if anyone even cares about the difference)...
bigsmile_face.gif

The Free Association (David Holmes, Pati Yang, Sean Reveron, Stephen Hilton) - Code 46

Keith Kenniff - The Last Survivor

Michael Nyman - Gattaca

The Cinematic Orchestra - Les Ailes Pourpres: Le Mystère des Flamants

The Cinematic Orchestra - Man with a Movie Camera

John Zorn - Film Works XIII Invitation to a Suicide

Thomas Newman - American Beauty: Original Motion Picture Score

Yann Tiersen - Amelie

Original in their own way, each deserve a listen...

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #24 of 60
What about Ennio Morricone? His soundtracks in The Man with No Name Trilogy is awesome. Also I come from India. There is this composer named Ilayaraja. Very good OST. He is the only composer to score music for more that 900 movies in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Hindi.
One of the posters said about Clint Mansell. His OST for Fountain was awesome.

May 3, 2011 at 4:25 AM Post #25 of 60
I love the soundtrack for The Fountain, it's the only soundtrack I really listen to.

I'm curious about the Black Swan one though. 

May 3, 2011 at 4:44 AM Post #26 of 60
Juno OST is great
but my fav is
Romeo and Juliet OST it has so many great songs.

May 5, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #27 of 60
Across the Universe.  What i'm about to say is blasphemy to Beatles fans, but personally I like the remakes better then the originals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back