SoundMAGIC ST80 - The purpose of utility
Jun 7, 2018 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RaghavSomani05

New Head-Fier
I’ve rarely heard about SoundMagic pushing the boundaries regarding technology but in the same breath I can say that I have never been disappointed with any of their mid or high end products. I’ve lately come across a very interesting product which is the ST80 by SoundMagic.

Besides the cool around the ear grip contraption, I did find that these carry a pretty great fit if you get it right. Usually it takes a while to get things in the right; but, if you fail to do that properly, you can end up getting ear fatigue within 20 minutes of play time.

With we come to the big utility factor, I was quite impressed with the screw-on mechanism. I have to admit that it was fun to screw off one earpiece at a time and change the mechanism. But it does not beat the simply plugging in the 3.5 mm jack on my headphones. I’m sure that there is no better way of doing this on a set of earphones. That is why I believe that wired cum wireless utility should be kept to headphones where there is a lot more room to allow this kind of functionality.

Now, the sound. I’m a guy who loves symphonies. These earpieces have the capability to reproduce excellent renditions of the high notes; and a very contained but prominent reproduction of the lower notes. There are times that it may become a little too much but some volume modulation can fix that.

SoundMagic has delivered a product that gives a great sound definition but it does feel like ₹ 12,000 which is nearly 150 Euros is a little too much in India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back