SoundMAGIC P10?
Feb 15, 2009 at 2:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

InspireD

Head-Fier
Hello all,

Saw mention of what seems to be a new Soundmagic headphone in another thread. Now I have not been following the world of new headphones closely, but this seems to be a new model. A quick search yields only one result. It looks like Soundmagic has expanded beyond the world of iem's and has produced a small, portable headphone.

When the PL-30's boomed in popularity, I hopped on the bandwagon. For the price, I thought the sound quality in addition to the variety of accessories provided were pretty good.

Now it seems like they have produced another budget option. So has anyone heard these before and can comment on the sound? If not, it would be really great if someone could take the initiative and buy a pair and give us some impressions. I'd like to myself, but I can't justify a purchase when my Nuforce Ne-7's aren't even 2 days old yet!

Anyways, I thought it might be nice to make a thread to discuss these.

Feb 15, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #2 of 44
To save everyone some time:
p10.jpg.jpg

* Frequency response: 20Hz to 22kHz
* Driver : 30mm neodymium rare earth magnet
* Impedance: 35 ohm
* Sensitivity: 118 +/-3dB/mW at 1kHz
* Rated power: 30mW
* Max power: 100mW
* Connector: 3.5mm golden plated
* Weight : 75g
* Measurement(collapsed) : 3 1/2" x 3" x 1 3/4" ( 90 x 80 x 50 mm)
* Quality bass, vivid mid-range and clear high
* Wide soundstage with precise positioning

They cost about $25.

Feb 15, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 44
This deserves a bump. We haven't had a Soundmagic craze in a while.

Feb 15, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #4 of 44
I'm going to consider getting these. I've never had a set of full sized headphones (foldable or otherwise) before. Maybe it'll be a good place to jump in.

That being said, the only thing that I have right now that I'd be able to compare them to would be my set of NE-7Ms, which wouldn't make for a proper comparison.

It would be really interesting to see if I would like them or not. I've always loved the portability of IEMs/buds. I also prefer IEMs/buds because I'm usually in areas where I don't want to disturb other people. Not that the people would mind, but I like to be considerate. I guess I could test them out for late-at-night use when everyone else is in bed
biggrin.gif

So, now what to do? Get these + cheap Fiio amp and hold off on the Mini^3 I want to build, or vice versa...

I suppose that I could possibly build a CMoy in place of getting a Fiio...
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 44
I just ordered these. I was throwing the idea around for a while today. After a while though I thought why not, they're only $25...

So I should get them somewhere between 10-12 days from now, as that's usually how long it takes for my orders from HK to get delivered...

So, I guess for now we play the waiting game
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM Post #9 of 44
I had mine more than one month ago, and prefer it to my Px100 or Porta pro. They do good almost kind of music, but the sound stage are not as good as px200. When I have time, I will write a full review about Sound Magic products included PL-10, PL-11, PL-12, PL-18, PL-20, PL-50 ( will sell soon ), P10, PH10 and P20 ( later ).
IMG_1535_1024x768.jpg

IMG_1495_1024x768.jpg

Feb 19, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 44
Nice. Thanks crazymario. I'm looking forward for your reviews and considerations.

Might I just ask you if these P10 are worth $24.75?

P.S. You don't have also the PL30 right? Would be nice to have also that in the list of comparison. :p

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:14 PM Post #12 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Thanks crazymario. I'm looking forward for your reviews and considerations.

P.S. You don't have also the PL30 right? Would be nice to have also that in the list of comparison. :p

He likes them more than his Porta Pro and PX100, which are both great value buys, so my inference would be yes.

Feb 19, 2009 at 10:17 PM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He likes them more than his Porta Pro and PX100, which are both great value buys, so my inference would be yes.

wink.gif

Yeah...my question was pretty dumb.
tongue.gif

But I have to admit that I didn't know of the Porta Pro and PX100 (bad excuse...
tongue.gif
), and after I did i little bit of research and saw the price tag of these two (and of course the reviews on how they perform), the Soundmagic P10 seams to be a pretty good and solid performer (since crazymario said that he likes the P10 more then the other two).
wink.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:22 AM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by vampire666 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have all Sound Magic products, and I love them so much, except PL-13+ ( too bassy ). At this price, P10s are really worth, P/P would be better than PX100 or Portapro ( I have PX100, Porta Pro, PX200 for portable ).

Feb 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 44
Awesome, thanks.
I am definitely going to get the P10 then.
wink.gif

(Now I just have to understand what is better in the PL series....between a PL12 and PL30, but this is another story and I don't want to get the thread off topic.
biggrin.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back