Soundmagic HP150/HP151 Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #766 of 775
My HP151 headphones just broke (one of the arms holding the cup), so it's fixable.
They are not as rugged as my Beyerdynamics, so not really surprised something broke.

Also just noticed that Soundmagic website does not seem to list the HP151/HP200/HP1000 headphones as current product, assuming they are discontinued :frowning2:
Unfortunately looking like they have been discontinued.Looks like they have just kept the wireless models for full size headphones.Sold my 151s,but glad I kept my 200s

Sep 9, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #767 of 775
Looks like Aliexpress still has some HP151's in stock.

Nov 17, 2021 at 5:33 PM Post #769 of 775
Bumping an old thread.
I had HP150 couple of years ago and I was impressed, I liked them a lot for what they are. Since I was looking for a cheap closed headphones I tried to find a good deal on the HP151 and found them for a very low price (60€) at Zococity :)
Wow, that's a crazy good price. The hp151 is a fantastic headphone. Great fun to listen to. Good body, great bass impact and just the right amount of treble extension. Vocals have this great, airy quality. Just one of those headphones you can sit back and enjoy your music in absolute comfort... wish more sets came with such comfortable pads.

Jul 2, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #770 of 775
Hey, I just wanted to inform everyone that Amazon Germany sells these for 59,99€ at the moment, directly from SoundMAGIC's own store. Well, 89,99€ plus a 30€ voucher, but it's on the product page so hard to miss. Mine arrive on Monday, I hope they'll beat the headphones I tried before these, the Teufel Massive I got fairly cheap were decent overall but just too bassy for voice chats and the Phillips SHP 9600 were too bloated in the midbass to really be enjoyable. I'm just a beginner when it comes to this, mostly because I lack the funds to get a good setup, I currently have a Moondrop Click and Celest Kinera Pandamon for on the go music, but IEMs aren't that comfortable for home use, so that's where the HP151 hopefully shine. I want to connect them straight to my Steelseries Arena 7 (pretty good PC speakers in my opinion), currently connected via USB, but I do have a spare Meizu Hifi Master, so if I find a fitting cable, I will definitely try to see if connecting it to my PC over that one makes a difference, especially for the headphones. Sorry for the long first post, I'm just excited to be here and want to provide every bit of potentially important information. I'll be back once my HP151 arrive, I expect them to fall right between my old Superlux HD681 Evo and my AKG K550 MKIII in terms of sound signature.

Jul 3, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #771 of 775
So, they arrived. I did not have much time to test them yet, but the clamping force is very low for now, too low for them to produce the sound expected, which explains some reviews I saw talking about weak bass. Using my selfbuilt headphone stand and a thick rubber band to make it tighter, hopefully it helps!

Jul 8, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #772 of 775
At the price you paid you've got a very good headphone. I've had the hp100 and 151. From memory the 100 was slightly bassier and the 151 slightly brighter. I enjoyed both. Bass is punchier than it is heavy. They're a laid back headphone

Jul 8, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #773 of 775
At the price you paid you've got a very good headphone. I've had the hp100 and 151. From memory the 100 was slightly bassier and the 151 slightly brighter. I enjoyed both. Bass is punchier than it is heavy. They're a laid back headphone
Yeah, they're great, far superior to my previous headphones, being Superlux HD681 Evo, Teufel Massive and Philips SHP9600. Nice punchy bass that doesn't bloat, smooth mids, smooth and sparkling high-end that does not become harsh or piercing. For 60€, they're the best deal I've found by far! My headband is tight enough too after my rubber band method, it's always a plus when a little effort can fix potential issues with a headphone :)

Jul 10, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #774 of 775
Oh they're miles ahead of the SHP and Evo, I agree there wholeheartedly. Glad you found a fix for the headband. I never had an issue with it, but I've read others have. Keep them safe, cos people have mentioned they can be fragile. I'm sure that was mainly the 100 though

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #775 of 775
Oh they're miles ahead of the SHP and Evo, I agree there wholeheartedly. Glad you found a fix for the headband. I never had an issue with it, but I've read others have. Keep them safe, cos people have mentioned they can be fragile. I'm sure that was mainly the 100 though
I have a very small head and without adjusting the clamp i got absolutely no bass. It didn't feel like there was any clamping force before, but now it's good. Don't worry, they're stationary, just for use on my PC, if I ever have to move them, I use the provided case :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back