Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jun 19, 2023 at 5:33 PM Post #1,405 of 2,519
What is a convolution filter?
A convolution filter is a more complex form of EQ that contains multiple forms of correction. The website Autoeq.app can create such filters for appplications that support this method. I uploaded the SR5 graph as my headphone and used the MEST Mk2 graph as my target to create this filter.

You can read more about it here.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:37 AM Post #1,408 of 2,519
I'd consider myself to have small-average sized ears. Usually most IEMs stick out at least somewhat from my ear. Even a reasonably small set like the EA500 is not completely flush. The SR8 sticks out quite a bit for me, but fit and comfort is great. I also usually have to use large tips. Odd combination, I know.

It was honestly my biggest concern that they would have no chance in my ears. I asked around and size/fit/comfort varies so much from person to person it's impossible to really guarantee a fit for anyone else.

Jun 21, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #1,409 of 2,519
Does someone has SR8 and has small-average ears, and it has good fit for you?

I have smaller than average ears for an adult male and I don't get discomfort. It does not, however, sit flush to the ear. It juts out somewhat. Definitely not the worst fit I've encountered.

On another note, I've been using Amp12 on the Dx300 and damn, it's such a synergistic match with the SR8. It takes background blackness and overall dynamics and layering to a greater level.

Jun 21, 2023 at 7:03 AM Post #1,410 of 2,519
I have smaller than average ears for an adult male and I don't get discomfort. It does not, however, sit flush to the ear. It juts out somewhat. Definitely not the worst fit I've encountered.

On another note, I've been using Amp12 on the Dx300 and damn, it's such a synergistic match with the SR8. It takes background blackness and overall dynamics and layering to a greater level.
Can you listen to them for hours without discomfort or pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back