Sound Rhyme impression thread
Mar 18, 2023 at 4:26 PM Post #226 of 2,519
Once again I compared my beloved Tansio Mirai Sands with the SR5. I did the comparision on my desktop setup with hardware optimized to my personal flavor. The SR5 wins by basically every area but the Sands has better resolution (only noticeable in some songs) and it sounds brighter but with much worse bass. How can the SR5 be this good? My model seems to be burned-in now. This is quite unbelievable.

How good will the DTE500 be? I don't really have a reason to upgrade now. Maybe there is still possible improvement? If the DTE500 would be 200% as good as the SR5 it would be groundbreaking but I do not think that I need to upgrade now.

Mar 18, 2023 at 4:33 PM Post #227 of 2,519
Let @AmericanSpirit be the judge first on DTE500, you never know if they only have one unicorn. The 9k peak on SR05 is it coupler related or does it have much upper treble energy?

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #230 of 2,519
Let @AmericanSpirit be the judge first on DTE500, you never know if they only have one unicorn. The 9k peak on SR05 is it coupler related or does it have much upper treble energy?
SR5 has little peak but not as high as coupler resonance, I hope Crin with his latest high-end B&K measuring equipment to measure it someday. His new measurement has less coupler resonance.

yea Penon says they will ship DTE500 via DHL, so it should be faster than Aliexpress standard shipping.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #231 of 2,519
Got mine today, has problem with 2 pin connector, had to push sim tray pin into the socket and twist pin a bit, now stock cable from zetian wu is sits deep and secure.
I really love it, but SR5 is very source dependent, on my ifi dac v2 and on my phones it sounds so different so I even thought, that I forgot to turn off the dolby atmos on my phone.
For now I use dunu S&S tips, m size, but normally I've used l size, m sized fit much better for deeper insertion.

Mar 18, 2023 at 7:57 PM Post #232 of 2,519
Listening to Michael Hedges "Guitar Solos" through my LP6Ti and the SR5.... TOTALLY sublime. I am thoroughly impressed with these. Nuance, micro detail up the wazoo, perfect rendition of Michael's guitar sound. Really astounding.
BTW, my right ear pin holes were less than easy to put in my cables.... the Achilles Heal of these things....small price to pay.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #235 of 2,519
I get mines on Tuesday. And hopefully the rest of my glow in the dark eartips and cable to match.

I cannot wait to compare these to my Mega5P & GAEA. 😀
For me IMHO it made the Gaea sound like a $20 set if the SR5 sounds like a $150 set:beyersmile:

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #236 of 2,519
Listening to Michael Hedges "Guitar Solos" through my LP6Ti and the SR5.... TOTALLY sublime. I am thoroughly impressed with these. Nuance, micro detail up the wazoo, perfect rendition of Michael's guitar sound. Really astounding.
BTW, my right ear pin holes were less than easy to put in my cables.... the Achilles Heal of these things....small price to pay.
Glad to see another Michael Hedges fan! His tapping skill is really gifted.

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:48 PM Post #237 of 2,519
Got mine today, has problem with 2 pin connector, had to push sim tray pin into the socket and twist pin a bit, now stock cable from zetian wu is sits deep and secure.
I really love it, but SR5 is very source dependent, on my ifi dac v2 and on my phones it sounds so different so I even thought, that I forgot to turn off the dolby atmos on my phone.
For now I use dunu S&S tips, m size, but normally I've used l size, m sized fit much better for deeper insertion.
Also had trouble inserting the cable connector into the 0.78 socket :/

Mar 18, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #238 of 2,519
For me, this peak is quite noticeable - too bright

Mar 19, 2023 at 2:21 AM Post #239 of 2,519
Yes, strings sounds very beautiful, even in First fragment or Faith no more I've found some new pieces, that I didn't heard before or I missed because it was not that obvious pictured

Mar 19, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #240 of 2,519
Also had trouble inserting the cable connector into the 0.78 socket :/
With the help of this red little pin tool I've managed to fix socket issue. But I can't guarantee that it will work for someone else.

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_093004_505.jpg
    IMG_20230319_093004_505.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back