Sound Rhyme impression thread
Mar 16, 2023 at 12:50 PM Post #181 of 2,490
Burned in my SR05, loving it! Tried about 5 different cables, each adds it's own little flavor but this IEM scales with good cables and source. This is the best bargain so far in this hobby for me. Really tight, fast bass. Hits HARD when called for (listen to Marcus Miller "Nicki's Groove"). Treble is very detailed and layered and real sounding (unlike Gaea). I am thoroughly impressed. Granted it's not as refined or as huge a stage as Trailii but other aspects are as good. Better resolution. $150 vs $6600:thinking:. The value proposition here is insane.
These guys who make this are good. Now I want to buy this DTE500.........ugh! Somebody else get it and post a review. But for sure these are keepers.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #182 of 2,490
Burned in my SR05, loving it! Tried about 5 different cables, each adds it's own little flavor but this IEM scales with good cables and source. This is the best bargain so far in this hobby for me. Really tight, fast bass. Hits HARD when called for (listen to Marcus Miller "Nicki's Groove"). Treble is very detailed and layered and real sounding (unlike Gaea). I am thoroughly impressed. Granted it's not as refined or as huge a stage as Trailii but other aspects are as good. Better resolution. $150 vs $6600:thinking:. The value proposition here is insane.
These guys who make this are good. Now I want to buy this DTE500.........ugh! Somebody else get it and post a review. But for sure these are keepers.
Counting on you for the first brave sheep 🐑 to try on DTE500😄

Based on their old name& shell (SR4-144E) The tuning is likely Anole VX, so that thing can’t go too wrong.
33386110-1632-4C84-A57C-DAB0B983639C.png

Also the shell is VX homage too👀 I like the orange shell better.

Penon link: https://penonaudio.com/sound-rhyme-dte500.html

DTE 500 white: from penonproduct image
D8B52B74-4761-4D1F-B4B2-3BE607F81C4A.jpeg

DTE500 (orange): ditto
0D4726F4-1856-4A2B-89BC-E0517FC2F49B.jpeg

My personal unit:
Left (qdc Anole VX) / Right (Aur Audio Neon Pro)
D73CAF40-F144-4098-AA3A-FA2ADEB4229A.jpeg

DC6750D4-0B2C-49C5-BAAA-695DE82B8E62.jpeg

That shell can look very sexy in the night;
82C03DDE-C1AB-4C51-BDEF-728F4DE3F1D9.jpeg
D2C905D2-604D-4A61-82E2-0EC3E24580F6.jpeg

Well @AmericanSpirit you've done it again.

Placed an order for SR5 via Penon (nicer and safer to deal with than AE). I like my HEXA with a Litz copper cable but nothing can compensate for the heavily scooped mid bass. I'll see what swinging the other way sounds like....
Welcome aboard again (second welcome after Aur Audio😄) Sorry for your wallet and hope you like SR5👍

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #183 of 2,490
Hi.
What cable and source have you end up using?

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:08 PM Post #184 of 2,490
Haven't completely decided on which cable I'll stick with. Have a copper, a half copper, half silver, a silver with gold, palladium, a graphene, copper and an all silver and a silver w/ thick gold plate. My best source is my LP6Ti.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #185 of 2,490
I look forward to getting my set and see the value proposition you're talking about. How many hours did you burn it in for?

And how would you describe the sound signature? L, V, W, Dark, Bright?

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #186 of 2,490
I'm not very good at that but I would say it is similar to the EST50 but with a tighter bass and even more spatial cues, more revealing high end. Soundstage very similar . Better at separation.

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:34 PM Post #187 of 2,490
Counting on you for the first brave sheep 🐑 to try on DTE500😄

Based on their old name& shell (SR4-144E) The tuning is likely Anole VX, so that thing can’t go too wrong.

Also the shell is VX homage too👀 I like the orange shell better.

Penon link: https://penonaudio.com/sound-rhyme-dte500.html

DTE 500 white: from penonproduct image

DTE500 (orange): ditto

My personal unit:
Left (qdc Anole VX) / Right (Aur Audio Neon Pro)

That shell can look very sexy in the night;

Welcome aboard again (second welcome after Aur Audio😄) Sorry for your wallet and hope you like SR5👍
Found DTE500 FR from Yi Fan 4.4 AE store, it’s the same agent guy who owns Huo guang / huo niu AE store.

DTE500 link :
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mP58hgO

DTE500 official FR:
8C5B3B43-8409-435B-AF30-AD14132DA8EC.jpeg

Pretty close to one @Asakurai shared for SR04-114E, I see more See Audio Yume and HEXA style bass shelf on DTE500. The air region looked a bit more recessed than SR04-114E though, Sound Rhyme’s lab measurements are more like TRN, so the FR will not look familiar with properly smoothened ones we see on squiglink / Crin ‘s database.

FCB133FA-CE01-46BF-9474-E74027D69738.png

From Penon : DTE500

”Conventional electrostatic drivers require a special amplifier to raise the voltage to drive the driver. EIVEC wide-area electrostatic driver transformer, developed by EMPIRE EARS, has a miniature design, which can be flexibly used in earphones with complex driver structure. Ultra-high voltage transformer efficiency enables the electrostatic driver to emit high frequency up to 100kHz. Powerful internal processing design enables the electrostatic driver to emit accurate sound. Combined with other drivers, it brings three frequency average and natural timbre.”👀

So this DTE500 uses EST amplifier named EIVEC developed by mighty Empire Ears? 🤔

That’s something for a $450 tribrid IEM.

So…Empire Ears trade secret used on Sound Rhyme IEMs….?

😳💡 Eureka!

Sound Rhyme maybe ODM of EE…?🤔. Wild guess but makes a good sense in why a totally non-related ODM could use EE’s EST hardware to their own products.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 11:56 PM Post #189 of 2,490
I’d like to set a Poll:

I just received an offer from Penon today for reviewing DTE500, but as you guys all know, I’m valuing “raw voice” from fans who paid for the product.

So I’m not sure if my ”paid review“ on DTE500 is justifiable.

Surely it will be some degree of information I’d put, but certainly I wouldn’t call it ”unbiased“.

Any needs for biased review? or just wait for brave sheep who really pays for DTE500’s raw voice?

If I see more than 95% of “paid review is fine” the I will accept the review offer, if not, I guess I will pass on this opportunity because I don’t want to lose my credibility on my reviews.

Please let me know your thoughts!
I’d share on discovery thread as well.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #190 of 2,490
I’d like to set a Poll:

I just received an offer from Penon today for reviewing DTE500, but as you guys all know, I’m valuing “raw voice” from fans who paid for the product.

So I’m not sure if my ”paid review“ on DTE500 is justifiable.

Surely it will be some degree of information I’d put, but certainly I wouldn’t call it ”unbiased“.

Any needs for biased review? or just wait for brave sheep who really pays for DTE500’s raw voice?

If I see more than 95% of “paid review is fine” the I will accept the review offer, if not, I guess I will pass on this opportunity because I don’t want to lose my credibility on my reviews.

Please let me know your thoughts!
I’d share on discovery thread as well.
Just my opinion: If they just want to give you the product free or at a discount in return for an honest review, that doesn’t seem to be a problem so long as you say so in the review. If they give extra money, or specifically ask for a positive review, that would make the resulting review questionable.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #192 of 2,490
Mar 17, 2023 at 12:13 AM Post #193 of 2,490
Just my opinion: If they just want to give you the product free or at a discount in return for an honest review, that doesn’t seem to be a problem so long as you say so in the review. If they give extra money, or specifically ask for a positive review, that would make the resulting review questionable.
Thanks for the comment, it’s just the free sample review as we see many taking place on headfi, but as someone who loves SR5, I wouldn’t commit myself disturbing it by any chance from my act.

”Ah this guy is affiliated with distributor, so that’s his motivation starting the thread and shilling the product” isn’t my intention, so I think I need to hear a consensus of thread starter to actually participating in commercial activity of free-sample review.

My personal view is yea if I’m given an opportunity in trying a somehow interesting product where nobody ever touched, why not, but I also have another me saying “Objectivity will be lost and that’s no good“, so I’d like to render the decision to thread participators hand🙏

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:20 AM Post #194 of 2,490
”Ah this guy is affiliated with distributor, so that’s his motivation starting the thread and shilling the product” isn’t my intention, so I think I need to hear a consensus of thread starter to actually participating in commercial activity of free-sample review.
I know a lot of people in RU who bought SR5 and were very satisfied:
- "very cool sound"/
- "better than Yanyin Canon / Tea2"

also i will get a my pair of SR5 today (simple package w/o cable)

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:26 AM Post #195 of 2,490
Thanks for the comment, it’s just the free sample review as we see many taking place on headfi, but as someone who loves SR5, I wouldn’t commit myself disturbing it by any chance from my act.

My personal view is yea if I’m given an opportunity in trying a somehow interesting product where nobody ever touched, why not, but I also have another me saying “Objectivity will be lost and that’s no good“, so I’d like to render the decision to thread participators hand🙏

You are doing a favor (at least to me) by providing valuable info of a new product. I wouldn't question your credibility for it. Look forward to your review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back