Sound problem...
Oct 28, 2009 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Ozer

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I have a very strange problem with my sound... I wont understand exactly what I mean, but I hope someone can help me anyways....

When I listen to music there can come a strange sound randomly... The sound/noise mutes all other sound and is very anoying. It sounds like some sort of signal horn (if you have one to your ear...) and is there about 3 sec.... It's not only anoying, if I have high volume it hurts in my ears ! I think it's my media player, J.River Jukebox that makes the sound, 'cause it started when I begun to use that media player... But it also started when I begun to use my other headphones witch are old and cheap ****.... (temporarily..) I can't really test with another media player, 'cause it's totally random and it can be days between the sound sometimes, and seconds between sometimes....

Do anyone have an idea what it can be ??

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #2 of 17
Are you talking about idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss?

Oct 28, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you talking about idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss?

"idiopathic sudden sensorineural hearing loss" what ?!? o.O :p I have no idea what that is... But it's like a sensor pip like on TV when people use words like *****.... But it's random and a VERY anoying and hurting noise.....

Oct 28, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #4 of 17
I think you're experiencing interference from other devices (cell phones being the most notorious). Put your cell phone near your devices and call yourself or have someone send a text. See if that causes the blips.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #5 of 17
@Ozer: does this beep noise slowly fade out or is it on/off instantly?

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Ozer: does this beep noise slowly fade out or is it on/off instantly?

It instantly turn on and after about 3 sec it instantly turn off....

@Armaegis: I have no other device near....

Oct 28, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armaegis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're experiencing interference from other devices (cell phones being the most notorious). Put your cell phone near your devices and call yourself or have someone send a text. See if that causes the blips.

Could be that. Often times my bass amplifier will pick up signals from the cell phone and make a noise similar to what you're describing.

Oct 28, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgrewe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be that. Often times my bass amplifier will pick up signals from the cell phone and make a noise similar to what you're describing.

Can't be... Have no things near.......

Oct 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM Post #10 of 17
It may not even be your own devices. It's possible that stuff from the neighbours is causing the interference.

Oct 29, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #11 of 17
I'll test with Foobar2000 and see if I get any sound..... But I'm going to London in about 4 hours... :p So not much testing, today atleast.

Nov 2, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #13 of 17
it really sounds like EM interference from a cell phone or the like.

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the signal in morse code?
If it is, its a cell phone.
Get a portable faraday cage (lol)

ManWearingTinFoilHat.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back