Sound pops on the left can when regulating the volume
Dec 28, 2022 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pcsgcs

Head-Fier
I own a pair of HD650 and use an EVGA NU Audio to drive them. Lately I noticed that changing the volume between 100% and 60% causes some sound pops clearly audible mainly on the left can (on the right can are less noticeable).

What surprises me is jigging the cable(s) near the connectors makes those pops have a lot less intensity when regulating the volume. After listening to a song, those pops come back like they were so I am worried that the stock HD650 cable got damaged somehow although I’ve always used them on desk (never took them for traveling) and they have their own wooden stand.

Could it be the sound card causing it? Does your dac/amp have those pops/noises when regulating the volume?

Dec 28, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 3
Can you try a different source like your phone?

Dec 28, 2022 at 1:27 PM Post #3 of 3
Can you try a different source like your phone?
Currently I cannot. If I plug them on my iPad or Android they wont get a lot of volume so this is meaningless. I forgot to say earlier that those pops happen if I move the audio slider within the evga desktop app with certain speed between 100-60 (up or down, doesn't matter). If I do it slowly, they are not as apparent. I am looking foward to get a micro iDSD and will definitely check this out and hopefully post the results here. I just wonder if anyone else had a similar phenomenon happen on their setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back