Sound cars for my DT990 : X-Fi XtremeMusic or M-Audio Revolution ?
Jan 29, 2008 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gug42

500+ Head-Fier
Hi,

Well I've bought a DT990 headphones.

But I've got the feeling that he can do better with a better sound card than my realtek HD or my old soundblaster Live 5.1.

So if your agree, in your opinion what's the better card between XtremeMusic and Revolution 5.1 ?
I've read lots about them ... but can't decide ... don't see a straight forward comparison test ...

I'd like to play at the last games too ... And watch movies too
wink.gif

What's your opinion ?

thank you in advance.

Regards,

ps : I can't find the chaintech AV-710 on internet
frown.gif

Jan 29, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 13
i definitely agree, and i say neither. go for the auzentech prelude (has excellent opamps), HT omega claro plus (opamps are even better than the prelude's), sondigo inferno, or asus xonar d2. any and all of those cards are better than the x-fi xtreme music, which btw is slightly better than the revolution 5.1 (it was great when it was released, but it's pretty old now)

Jan 29, 2008 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 13
sondigo inferno is the best value of the bunch. i own one and it's brilliant, and has great opamps. powers my dt990 just fine. ofcourse, there'll be slight improvements with a dedicated amp, but as far as sound cards go, it won't get much better than the sondigo.

Jan 30, 2008 at 4:53 AM Post #6 of 13
if you're not using an amp, and just using the direct analog-out of the soundcard, then the claro plus is better, since it has better stereo opamps. otherwise, the sondigo has slightly better sq.

Jan 30, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #7 of 13
Wehn you say slighty better, is it a little bit or really better ?
Because, I will not buy an external amp in the next months, so ...

The choice, for price reason, is between the Sondigo Inferno and the HT omega claro
wink.gif

More over do you know where can I buy one on a good website ? I did'nt find them in EU so if you have a good one in US/Canada
wink.gif

Thank for your answer man
wink.gif

Feb 1, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 13
difference is enough that you can notice it acoustically. but it's subtle.

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #9 of 13
Feb 2, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by aZn_plyR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
try your hands/fingers clicking at this

CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI XTREMEMUSIC SOUND CARD - eBay (item 290201722194 end time Feb-02-08 08:04:30 PST)

then get the free samples of opamps and replace them, should sound very good
smily_headphones1.gif
I know mine does.

I got my xtrememusic for $45 shipped from anandtech forums, then got the free opamps and replaced it with AD8599, sounds very good for the money.

"THIS CARD WAS NOT TESTED"

so basically, this might not even work and u loose xx of money down the drown..
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 13
opps never mind I didn't read that just searched and found the lowest priced one with time ending soonest.

You get the idea
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back