Sound Card, Speakers For Gaming
Mar 15, 2007 at 9:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jjhatfield

Frank
Hello Computer-As-Source Forum-

I really don't like watching movies or playing games with headphones. For me, its strictly music through them. So I'm looking to find out what Creative (only game in town right?) sound card I should get, and suggestions for a cheapie 5.1 speaker-system-in-a-box, pretty much strictly to provide atmosphere for MMORPGs and maybe some FPS's as well. No music, no audiophile quality sound required. Just decent, clear, non-muddy sound.

Its just so difficult for me to wade through all the creative labs bullbaloney. I don't want to spend $150 to get competent gaming soundcard if I don't have to.

Also, any brand names for non-muddy speaker systems on the cheap (dare I say <$200) would be great.

This isn't exactly the forum for this topic, I know, but I was till hoping to get a bit of feedback. Lookout, awful winky smiley inc:
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

the new winky makes me want to drink poison.

Mar 15, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you have a laptop, nothing is better than a Creative Audigy2 ZS Notebook for your purpose. If you have a desktop, get a xi-fi card.

Sounds simple enough! I have a desktop so I'll hunt down an X-fi card.

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:19 PM Post #4 of 5
X-Fi XtremeMusic
Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1

Mar 16, 2007 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 5
For surround gaming on speakers, definately one of the X-Fis. There are many models though. I think you'd want an XtremeMusic or XtremeGamer. The higher models have X-RAM or a better DAC. But I'm not convinced that those are good value. Better to put the money into better speakers instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back