Sound card for gaming and music
Sep 21, 2010 at 3:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Metalcastr

New Head-Fier
Hello. My onboard sound is terrible, so I am looking for a sound card for both gaming and music. I use headphones, and have read many different recommendations by searching "sound card" in this forum.
Comp is running Win7 x64 and the card doesn't need advanced features. The budget is about $150. Thank you for your time.

Sep 21, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #2 of 7
get the Forte 7.1 it has really good headphones amp ( really good when compare to other sound card, and some low end headphone amp..)

Sep 21, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #3 of 7
Long term forum favourite the E-MU 0202 is within your budget and an excellent choice for a hybrid gaming and audio system.

If you use a headset it almost certainly contains an electret condenser microphone. These require 5v phantom power usually delivered from your PC soundcard or via a USB dongle. The 0202 is the only audio interface I know of that does this.

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 7
the Razer barracuda AC-1 is a solid sound card for music and games and you can pick it up off of ebay for under $50 while its a $200 card

just keep checking ebay and one will pop up within a week almost for sure

Sep 21, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 7
i've been somewhat looking for the same thing, but trying to decide between the x-fi elite pro (and hotrodding it) and the prelude. anyone have any opinions on these? from all my searching and such it seems like these two cards are at pretty much the same level right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back