Sound Blaster X7 - Impressions? Thoughts?
Jul 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #226 of 348
Not like mixamp background hiss noise, I mean like you're gonna get less than the "-126dB" note separation and sharpness signal noise. That said, I haven't tried it yet myself, so the practical audio downsides might be nil.

Hard to say, my ears aren't that trained. There was a slight audio delay though. Not a total dealbraker but it was big enough to be noticeable.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #227 of 348
  Get rid of the A50, go for the X1/X2, not the HD650

Not Scout Mode but SBX and that is very subjective

Both devices have passthrough mode so yes You could

Any particular reason you say to not go with the 650? I currently have a pair of X1s and 598s and have been thinking about a pair of 650s for home use to go w/ my X7

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #228 of 348

Any particular reason you say to not go with the 650? I currently have a pair of X1s and 598s and have been thinking about a pair of 650s for home use to go w/ my X7

From what I gathered here the 650 are really great as far as the music goes but pretty mediocre for gaming.

Jul 11, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #229 of 348
OK, I just got my Creative X7 from MassDrop and now need to figure out how the hell to get this thing working. It is ridiculous that it doesn't just work with PS4 through the USB port at that price - but whatever.

Current setup

PS4 -> optical -> Receiver -> Surround (for daytime)
PS4-> USB -> Sony SIlver headset adapter -> Fidelio X2 + V-moda (for quiet time)

Planned setup

PS4 -> optical -> X7 -> optical -> Receiver -> Speakers (game audio)
PS4 -> USB -> Sony Silver headset adapter -> 3.5mm to RCA -> RCA line in -> X7 (chat audio)

Questions

1. Does the planned setup look correct?
2. From the X7 - I will need to get an adapter to split the V-moda cord into a separate mic and headphone cables?
3. If I need the mic/headphone splitter - is there an adapter that has right angle 3.5mm jacks and is black?

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #230 of 348
  OK, I just got my Creative X7 from MassDrop and now need to figure out how the hell to get this thing working. It is ridiculous that it doesn't just work with PS4 through the USB port at that price - but whatever.

Planned setup

PS4 -> optical -> X7 -> optical -> Receiver -> Speakers (game audio)
PS4 -> USB -> Sony Silver headset adapter -> 3.5mm to RCA -> RCA line in -> X7 (chat audio)

Questions

1. Does the planned setup look correct?
2. From the X7 - I will need to get an adapter to split the V-moda cord into a separate mic and headphone cables?
3. If I need the mic/headphone splitter - is there an adapter that has right angle 3.5mm jacks and is black?

1. You haven't specified how are you going to connect the microphone. I'm assuming it's going to be via 3.5mm to the Sony Silver adapter. In that case yes, it will work.
2. Boom Pro comes with that adapter so no worries here
3. Boom Pro adapter is an angled one, albeit a 45 degrees angled and not 90 degrees.

Jul 11, 2015 at 6:38 PM Post #231 of 348
1. I was going to connect the Sony Silver adapter to the X7 then mix it in with the optical audio from the PS4. Then get the PC headset adapter and plug it into the mic in on the X7.
2. I probably pitched that thing - but I'll get another. 
3. Yeah - I figure it is the closest one, I hate that they put multiple jacks on the front like they did, I'd rather have a cord coming from the back just to keep it neat.

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #232 of 348
So the final setup would be PS4 > optical > X7 | PS4 > Sony Silver > 3.5mm to RCA > X7 Line In | PS4 > Sony Silver > Microphone I'm guessing

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:44 PM Post #233 of 348
Yeah, I didn't think about the splitting of the Sony Silver into outputs and inputs.

Frankly I should have done more research on this before I bought it - it seems clearly meant for PC gaming and making it work with a console is a total pain.

Jul 12, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #234 of 348
  Yeah, I didn't think about the splitting of the Sony Silver into outputs and inputs.

Frankly I should have done more research on this before I bought it - it seems clearly meant for PC gaming and making it work with a console is a total pain.

There are a few workarounds, what You're doing is one of them. I've actually found a new one, from the looks of it it is pretty painless. I've described it here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-5-31-2015-beyer-cop-and-shure-1540-added/31380#post_11756076

Jul 13, 2015 at 2:09 PM Post #235 of 348
The BT-W2 doesn't seem to be available - plus it annoys me the only clean solution is one that further clots up valuable 2.4GHz spectrum for devices that are a couple of feet apart from one another.

I suppose I'll do it though.

For $400 and the advertising they do - it should just be a damn USB-recognizable device by Sony.

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #240 of 348
Anyway, got a SteelSeries H wireless as a much more integrated solution, with SQ that is good enough. The work to get an X7 to work with the PS4 was too much of a hassle of wires. I guess I'll probably just sell the X7 on and try and recoup my costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back