Sound Blaster X-FI MB2 trying to use it with Schiit Modi DAC
Feb 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

abablitz

100+ Head-Fier

Trying to figure out of it's even possible, because I have to turn off one thing for the other to function. Tried making the output to the Modi, but no luck, because it has to be set to default device. I'm on a laptop btw. 

Feb 9, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #2 of 3

Trying to figure out of it's even possible, because I have to turn off one thing for the other to function. Tried making the output to the Modi, but no luck, because it has to be set to default device. I'm on a laptop btw. 

No its not possible. the modi is suppose to work independent of the on-board audio or sound card, as it becomes the audio source.

Feb 9, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 3

External USB audio (USB DAC) connections bypass sound cards, both on-board and add-on.
Some Creative audio products (sound cards) can work with USB DACs, but audio quality is usually degraded.
If you want to use creative software, but with fairly good audio quality, return the Modi and get a Sound Blaster Z sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back