sound activated relay/ vox circuit
Mar 31, 2007 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

heatmizer

100+ Head-Fier
Hi I'm trying to design headphone amp to automatically switch between ipod and cell phone looks like a vox circuit will do the trick but is there anyway i could do this without a relay say with transistors or maybe using a vox type circuit to power different opamps for ipod and cellphone

Mar 31, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #3 of 19
not my voice no

I want the circuit to switch the headphone out on say an ipod to the headphone out on a cell phone automatically when it detects signal from the cellphone and keep it switched for amount of time.
using this circuit eliminating input part and just using the.
IMG00001.GIF

i do not want to use a relay for the actual input switching if possible would like to use transistors of maybe use the circuit to power 2 opamps

Apr 1, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #12 of 19
Here is the light activated switch that I made.

It uses a transistor to switch the relay on when the current is sufficient through the base and emitter. So it is essentially a transistor switch that switches on a relay; the relay could be replaced. But as for the photodiode, there must be some replacement there for some circuit that switches with sound or something.

Apr 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #14 of 19
protoboarded the 1st circuit:
IMG00001.GIF

it definitely has potential i need to get a multi turn pot though
the difference between the opamp going high and low is very touchy
looked at other u741 comparator circuit they have much lower value resistors on either side of the pot am going to try that

Apr 6, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #15 of 19
Have the basic switching circuit working with the output from my cell phone but
but need bit of help. the comparator opamp will be running single supply 12v and ground. The input of the comparator will also be hooked to iput of a basic cmoy amp
Will the comparator opamp (12v and grd) coexist with cmoy amp (+6v and -6)?
Am I going to have problems with the cmoy virtual ground or do i ned to look at at a single supply amp or rework the switching circuit to operate at +6v and -6 v?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back