sorry to bring this back...a short-lived thread for sure
Jan 27, 2003 at 6:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

epithetless

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey. I know the "lollipop plastic" styled iCool headphones are one design mistake most people would rather not see again...but I have the chance to buy a set for $20. At this price (regardless of appearances...I'd do something about that, trust me), is it worth it? I've read lukewarm to positive reviews, so I look to you now for advice.

Why would I throw $20 into hideous, uninspiring headphones in the first place? Well, because I'm on super-limited expenses but still crave the headphone fix...and because I need cheap portable cans to get me through the city. Should I just stick with my Philips HP-550's (which suit me fairly well)? Anyone know if the iCools are remotely a step up (soundwise, of course) from the Philips 'phones? I've seen iCools recommended over the D22 eggos, so I assume they'd be some kind of an improvement.

Okay, so basically what I'm saying is I'll probably end up buying these little beauties unless someone chimes in with a "NO! FOR LOVE'S SAKE!! YOU'LL REGRET IT FOREVER!!!" response. Anyone? Can you talk the sense back into me?

Jan 27, 2003 at 8:01 PM Post #2 of 5
falkon72 has one. Perhaps you can ask him about them.
For $20 it's hard to go wrong. They're not great headphones by any stretch, features a chopped off treble response and a somewhat boxy sound, but they're certainly worth $20 if not more. The design is quite clever too, some nice touches. Pity about the colour...

Jan 28, 2003 at 4:23 AM Post #3 of 5
Thanks for the response, bangraman. Looks like I'll pick 'em up. The headphone craving will be sated...for now.

Jan 28, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #4 of 5
Can't you find the PortaPros around $20 in some places?

Jan 28, 2003 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

amdrulez:

Can't you find the PortaPros around $20 in some places?

Already got 'em. Otherwise, these would be an excellent choice (although their openness greatly diminishes their on-the-street portable appeal for me...in that regard, I actually prefer my Philips HP-550's). But thanks for the suggestion.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back