Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Jul 2, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #7,171 of 9,173
I loved my z7 with mojo but had to let mojo go in favor of acquiring something I have wanted for ages.
Still have the z7 though and for me that's saying something.

I will be doing some damping mods in the coming weeks when I have some time. Hope it sorts out my only quibbles with the z7, the mids.

Go for it bro.
Z7 will transform and suprise you bro..haha..

It will give you a shock bro..haha

Regards,
Jonathan

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #7,172 of 9,173
I loved my z7 with mojo but had to let mojo go in favor of acquiring something I have wanted for ages.
Still have the z7 though and for me that's saying something.

I will be doing some damping mods in the coming weeks when I have some time. Hope it sorts out my only quibbles with the z7, the mids.

Hi, I see you have also the Sine, how they compare to Z7?

Jul 3, 2016 at 3:23 PM Post #7,173 of 9,173
Don't know, the sound probably will be superior, well at least according to the majority, because

1. they are planar magnetics, which is always a win here at Head-fi
2. they are made by Audeze, another win
3. they are newer, thus better, and yet another win!

No, excuse me, I'm trolling LOL.
Well at least comfort wise the Z7s are probably superior 
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #7,175 of 9,173
hey sup guys, looking between MDR1A and the Z7 as my endgame to be used with o2odac. im debating these 2 cus i need comfort and i i am treble sensitive and hear these cans have a warmer sound in general. do you think the mdr1a is a respectable end game? i notice not many people talk about them? what about the z7 ? tbh i notice people talking about sennheiser and audeze all the time, but don't see much talk on sony headphones. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #7,176 of 9,173
  hey sup guys, looking between MDR1A and the Z7 as my endgame to be used with o2odac. im debating these 2 cus i need comfort and i i am treble sensitive and hear these cans have a warmer sound in general. do you think the mdr1a is a respectable end game? i notice not many people talk about them? what about the z7 ? tbh i notice people talking about sennheiser and audeze all the time, but don't see much talk on sony headphones. 

Z7, obvious choice then and also my personal pick too.

Jul 6, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #7,178 of 9,173
  cool :D you guys think its a worthy end game? btw i hear mulder is giving you trouble again these days :frowning2: 

They're endgame enough for me. I'm down to two cans, the ma900 for warm weather and z7 for all other times. The z7's are also pretty easy to drive, they are louder than the ma900 ironically. If you get these, spend some hours with them stock, then add damping to the cups, and you will appreciate the mod more imo.

*nice, bonus for the xfiles reference.

Jul 6, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #7,179 of 9,173

I have the MDR1A it's so far from being an endgame, it's a portable below average headphone, the bass is God awful......

Z7 is very good........ endgame good hmmmm depends on what you want....... I prefer HD650 out of the Objective personally as an endgame rig

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #7,180 of 9,173
Z7, obvious choice then and also my personal pick too.
I will second this comment. If your treble sensitive the Z7 is the right choice. Plus it scales well if you go balanced at some point.

Jul 7, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #7,181 of 9,173
After several days with the z7, I;'ll have to say I like it more than the MDR-1A. 
The 1A definitely has a clearer mid to top range, but it sounds a bit hollow and artificial, not sure if that is the right technical terms but that's what the sense I get between the two. 

They do share a very similar signature though, so for me it's down to preference. Build quality is amazing on the Z7 but if you're after sound, I wouldn't say they're 2x better given the price premium over the 1A.

I've barely used the z7 for more than 20 hours though so it's likely to improve 
L3000.gif

Jul 7, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #7,182 of 9,173
After several months of patiently waiting for a result. The investigation concludes in my favor and the sender (he insured the parcel ). The guys at postNL did their very best to contact mexpost to no avail.

We are getting our money back at least
Despite all the hassle of this case I do recommend very very highly Mr Wnuwk Siphon he did his best to maintain me updated on the investigation proceedings. YEAH NEVER SEND THINGS TO MEXICO BY ANY MEANS OF AIRMAIL OR GROUND STANDARD MAIL ALWAYS USE COURIER (DHL, FEDEX, UPS ETC)

Jul 7, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #7,183 of 9,173
After several months of patiently waiting for a result. The investigation concludes in my favor and the sender (he insured the parcel ). The guys at postNL did their very best to contact mexpost to no avail.

We are getting our money back at least
Despite all the hassle of this case I do recommend very very highly Mr @Wnuwk Siphon he did his best to maintain me updated on the investigation proceedings. YEAH NEVER SEND THINGS TO MEXICO BY ANY MEANS OF AIRMAIL OR GROUND STANDARD MAIL ALWAYS USE COURIER (DHL, FEDEX, UPS ETC)

Whew, that was an ordeal for you. Congrats on getting your funds back.

Jul 7, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #7,184 of 9,173

They're endgame enough for me. I'm down to two cans, the ma900 for warm weather and z7 for all other times. The z7's are also pretty easy to drive, they are louder than the ma900 ironically. If you get these, spend some hours with them stock, then add damping to the cups, and you will appreciate the mod more imo.

*nice, bonus for the xfiles reference.

The Z7 is my endgame....because The Wife said so.
L3000.gif
 But in all seriousness, the Z7 is a mighty fine headphone, and the build quality and comfort are wonderful. 

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM Post #7,185 of 9,173
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask if the z7 silver wiring is able to be bought at where.?

Any extra moded pads that can be used by the z7 such as alpha pads.?

Any Extra mod available for the z7 ( other than dampening mod).?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back