Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7
Oct 24, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #2,416 of 9,173

Bill you know the W1000Z is calling you! MOD THAT SUCKER xD 

Well, at this point, I can buy it, mod it, and then sell it off to you at a higher price!

Haha

Honestly, though, since I can make my own amp now, I haven't been doing much modding.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #2,417 of 9,173
Last night I listened to one of my favorite cds, Bernard Herrmans score to Francois Truffault's 'Fahrenheit 451'.   This is the fairly recent recording on Tribute with William Stromberg and  the Moscow Symphony.   It was amazing.  

Guys, forget the graphs and the fussing and listen to these cans.   They're wonderful.   And a bargain at the price.   

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #2,418 of 9,173
  Last night I listened to one of my favorite cds, Bernard Herrmans score to Francois Truffault's 'Fahrenheit 451'.   This is the fairly recent recording on Tribute with William Stromberg and  the Moscow Symphony.   It was amazing.  

Guys, forget the graphs and the fussing and listen to these cans.   They're wonderful.   And a bargain at the price.   

You volunteering yours for a Demo Tour xD 

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #2,419 of 9,173
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #2,420 of 9,173

Agree with your comment. 

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,421 of 9,173
While i don't know y alot of ppl fuss about the freq graphs only thing i ever used them for was to compare them to my current hps if its similar to ones i have then i know how they will sound if not then i give the hps a listen if i like the sound then i know how it sounds like and whats its graph looks like and i can keep it for future comparisons to get a feel of how other hps sound if they have similar graph.

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,422 of 9,173
  While i don't know y alot of ppl fuss about the freq graphs only thing i ever used them for was to compare them to my current hps if its similar to ones i have then i know how they will sound if not then i give the hps a listen if i like the sound then i know how it sounds like and whats its graph looks like and i can keep it for future comparisons to get a feel of how other hps sound if they have similar graph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run-on_sentence

Oct 24, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #2,425 of 9,173

beerchug.gif

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #2,427 of 9,173
  I find it hilarious that the japanese love this headphone.

評価項目​
投票平均​
カテゴリ
平均​
項目別
ランキング​
評価基準​
デザイン5.00
4.15​
4位
見た目のよさ、質感
高音の音質4.43
4.13​
高音部の音質の良さ
低音の音質4.86
4.16​
9位
低音部の音質の良さ
フィット感4.86
4.07​
7位
装着したときのフィット感など
外音遮断性3.86
3.79​
外の音を遮断するか
音漏れ防止3.29
3.73​
音漏れを防止するか
携帯性2.67
3.71​
コンパクトさ

Granted it's only 5 people who rated, but the highs are good for them, and their bass is their favorite part about it.

Yet we have polarizing opinions here...

Ah, Japan.

Kakaku.com rankings are just like amazon rankings - general consumers.  If you check the first category, `Design`, the Z7 is ranked 4th and some Beats thing is 2nd.  In `Bass Quality`, Z7 is ranked 9th and some JVC iems, which I in fact own and bought for around $150, are ranked 8th.  

I can assure you this says nothing about the audiophile-maniacs in Japan.  On their rankings you would find probably nothing but Stax and DIY contraptions you`ve never heard of but would kill to hear. . . 

Oct 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #2,428 of 9,173
Got my pair in today! It took only 2 days to get to Virginia from Japan. Insane.

I consider myself an "amateur" so take any of my impressions lightly. 

I am enjoying them so far. Running them through my ol' FiiO E9+E7 setup.These are on the bassy side which I like. Bass has more of a presence compared to my HE-4, probably due to the midbass emphasis as others have mentioned. This goes great with my modern dance music: Daft Punk, Disclosure, Classixx. HE-4 has a leaner, tighter bass, however. Then again the HE-4 is know for those characteristics, plus it's a planar. Can't comment on sub-bass so far, I need to listen more critically.

Presentation and imaging is quite good. Kinda similar to my HE-4? Has a nice atmosphere due to the closed design. Similar to what I experienced with my pair of D2000s that I used to have.

I want to try these out of my Emotiva mini-X for kicks. But I'm afraid it might damage the Z7. Does anyone know if it would be okay?

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #2,429 of 9,173
LOL nice! Amazon screwed something up so they are going to end up taking 4 days to get them to me from their warehouse 200 miles away! Missed the weekend too!

Enjoy!

Oct 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #2,430 of 9,173
  Got my pair in today! It took only 2 days to get to Virginia from Japan. Insane.

I consider myself an "amateur" so take any of my impressions lightly. 

I am enjoying them so far. Running them through my ol' FiiO E9+E7 setup.These are on the bassy side which I like. Bass has more of a presence compared to my HE-4, probably due to the midbass emphasis as others have mentioned. This goes great with my modern dance music: Daft Punk, Disclosure, Classixx. HE-4 has a leaner, tighter bass, however. Then again the HE-4 is know for those characteristics, plus it's a planar. Can't comment on sub-bass so far, I need to listen more critically.

Presentation and imaging is quite good. Kinda similar to my HE-4? Has a nice atmosphere due to the closed design. Similar to what I experienced with my pair of D2000s that I used to have.

I want to try these out of my Emotiva mini-X for kicks. But I'm afraid it might damage the Z7. Does anyone know if it would be okay?

oh CRAP an HE 4 COMPARISON... OH SNAP. I've got an he 4 :O  nice to hear some mid bass emphasis, there's not to many cans with the HE4 bass response. FLAT line from 10 to like 400 ish hrz [ok the HE 400 and HE 500 and maybe the HE 400i but u get the point I hope] 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back