Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Dec 31, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #6,361 of 9,686
Finally joined the Z1R club. So far really digging the sound signature, however i did notice a slight veil in the low end. Is this normal? What type of pads are you guys using? Are dekoni any good? Any help would be helpful and really appreciated.

I notice no veil and the stock pads are the best but very expensive to replace. There is a review thread of all 4 Dekoni pads by Gerelmex here on this site. I use a set of much cheaper angled pads bought on eBay from China that I like

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #6,362 of 9,686
I notice no veil and the stock pads are the best but very expensive to replace. There is a review thread of all 4 Dekoni pads by Gerelmex here on this site. I use a set of much cheaper angled pads bought on eBay from China that I like
would you like to share a link for those Chinese pads?

Dec 31, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #6,363 of 9,686
Dec 31, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #6,364 of 9,686
Dec 31, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #6,365 of 9,686
Thanks, i will order a pair soon. Do these come with the plastic ring or did you use the stock ones?

You use the ring from the stock pads. They have slightly more room for the ears

Dec 31, 2020 at 11:15 PM Post #6,366 of 9,686
Why? You will not fly over here, spend 10-days in quarantine (with the cost of a hotel room of $100 / per day) and then hoping that someone did not pick up the last Z1R they have in stock when your quarantine period ends?
Did I say I will fly over, I even have no knowledge where it will be? Of course it is up to you to share the info with us or not, and it is up to me to decide how to get it.

Happy New Year to everyone.

Jan 1, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #6,367 of 9,686
Did I say I will fly over, I even have no knowledge where it will be? Of course it is up to you to share the info with us or not, and it is up to me to decide how to get it.

Happy New Year to everyone.
Mate leave him. Lets just assume since the POME's have their Brexit now, everything is 50% of the market value compared to the rest of the world.

I'm absolutely enjoying the Z1R for 1600USD. If it ever break, this would be a shame but i would not spend 800USD to bye a backup right now.

Jan 1, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #6,368 of 9,686
Anyone running these headphones with an OTL or other tube amp? I was thinking about using my Feliks Elise to run these. It sounds so good with my GSX-mini. I also have a LP on standby. Let me know what you think.

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #6,369 of 9,686
I certainly ended up preferring the Lavri Grand silver to the Axios copper, but we are talkimg fine tuning, not night and day differences

Can you expand on that if possible..
I run Axios copper with both my Utopias and Z1R's however I have been thinking about a change for the Sony's.
It now looks like Lavri has two different silver cable options for the Grand series?

Jan 1, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #6,370 of 9,686
I run Axios copper with both my Utopias and Z1R's however I have been thinking about a change for the Sony's.
It now looks like Lavri has two different silver cable options for the Grand series?

Yes there are now 2 different versions, when I bought there were only one, the 16 strand one. The differences are in my opinion small between the Grand and the Axios but to me there seems to be a bit more clarity and control with the Grand while still not in any way making the phones shrill, sharp or piercing. Another factor was that my Axios was 1.2 meter and it always felt a little short so I went with a 2 meter Grand

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:07 AM Post #6,371 of 9,686
Finally joined the Z1R club. So far really digging the sound signature, however i did notice a slight veil in the low end. Is this normal? What type of pads are you guys using? Are dekoni any good? Any help would be helpful and really appreciated.
Did you buy your Z1Rs new? or use? if new they might need a little bit of breaking in they’ve been known for that

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:12 AM Post #6,372 of 9,686
I had the AXIOS Copper on my Z1Rs as well but change it to the Silver Dragon and had the AXIOS re-terminated for my Utopias, I should get it in the next few days

Jan 5, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #6,373 of 9,686
Jan 5, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #6,375 of 9,686

Users who are viewing this thread

Back