Sony Z1R....listening impressions only
Apr 22, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #9,631 of 9,638
I only listen to music never movies. Part of my choice is that I generally prefer iem’s to full size headphones but I just generally prefer the IER sound. I must admit I rarely analyze my gear or break it down, I just see if it gives me enjoyment when listening.

This! :beerchug:

Apr 25, 2024 at 6:29 AM Post #9,632 of 9,638
Actually, does anyone know like for a fact if the bass just isn't as present with using just DAP's? I use my sony's with a nw-zx507. I was thinking about upgrading my DAP but I might have to go in a different dirrection.

So would using a desktop amp make a difference in the bass deepness/how hard it hits?
hi there i have both 507 and m2, and paired with mdrz1r. m2 does improve sonically, at least for me, when listening to female vocals and jazz music, quite a bit; as for amp pairing with 507 is a bit tricky; paired with a lehmannaudio rhinelander, made the sound more spacious but also "thinner", if that make sence; personally i dont like the combo, but depending on what amp you pair the 507 with, and what aspect of sonic improvement youre after, your experience may vary...
as for bass improvement, with the rhinelander, it did hit harder, but the "body" of the bass also sounded "thinner", in short for me didnt like the synergy...
my suggestion is that if you like the sony house sound, then the m2 would be a good option, but if are after a more drastic sonic change then look elsewhere...

May 3, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #9,634 of 9,638
After not using my MDR-Z1R for over a year I have now passed them on to my youngest son (30 years old) and he absolutely loves them for gaming and movie watching (he hardly ever listens to music). He say they are SO much better both for sound and comfort than any headset at any price he has previously used (he use a table mic).

May 5, 2024 at 2:58 PM Post #9,638 of 9,638
Timbre of everything is better, even the bass.

midbass is stronger than subbass, which I like.

More treble and upper mids but somehow smoother.

Staging and imaging is better, mainly due to the open back design.

More pinpoint and a tad more detailed.
If the MV1 sounds similar to the Z1R is still amazing considering the price difference between the two. Looking forward to hear them both at CanJam London.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back