sony xba-h1.................final impressions after burn in
Nov 1, 2013 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

sardar17

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes i know there are threads running already on the topic but the impressions are very vague on those.The main aim of this thread is to-

1)whether xba-h1 are worth the price??
2)Comparisons with similar priced earphones
3)strengths and weaknesses
4)what are the best sources to play these

My final impression inshort----The pairing of a full ba driver with a dynamic 9mm unit has lead to too much bass seriously compromising mids and low highs.I would have liked passive crossover instead of the likely mechanical crossover.

I would rate them at about 50-60$ but only if u like bass.People vying for clarity need to look elsewhere.

options with ppl

1)meelectronics a161p----excellent clarity with very good mids and tight bass(bassheads look elsewhere)
2)brainwavz m3---------------old is gold when u think of these.excellent all over earphones
3)xba-3-------------------------have heard these,,,,way better detail than h1 but bass is a bit less,which i think is more balanced approach
4)brainwavz r3-----------------have not heard but reviews are very good with 2 year warranty,too good to miss at 130$
5)hifiman re-400---------------my friend has it and it sounds pretty neutral for something going for 100$,,,,,almost similar to m3 but less colourful

in my opinion all the options are better than h1 with better sound quality and warranty conditions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back