Sony XB90EX vs. Playaz/Xears N3 Nature
Apr 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Basilius

100+ Head-Fier
Can anyone compare the Playaz/Xears N3 Nature to the Sony MDR-XB90EX?  I am most interested in the bass, midrange (forwardness), soundstage, clarity, and details.  thanks

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #5 of 9
Ive only listened to the xb90ex but based on the readings on the xears i believe the sonys will have more sub bass rumble due to larger drivers. Out of the box mids and highs will be a little less forward than the xears but bass quality/quantity wins on the sonys. It has quite wide soundstage, probably wider than xears and clarity and details will have no trouble identifying.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #7 of 9
Another note with the bass. The difference with the sony and the xears is that the sony has no mid bass hump. What the bass really is is sub bass. The sonys are known for having the most sub bass in an iem on the market right now. I think xears offers more of a balance between good sub bass and mid bass by creating a hump. But note mid bass humps often affect thr mid range in some way. Also sony has a warmer signature, and i believe the xears will sound colder.

Aug 26, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #8 of 9
If you listen to music on android / windows i would highly recommend the sonys because of an application called v4a. I was able to get a neutral response through my sonys and applied bass boost to that and clarity enhancer to bring out the mids,and now it is a very unique and amazing sound. You are getting audiophile mids and highs with amazing forwardness, sub bass that shakes your eardrums and because of bass boost good mid bass, but not excessive/tiring. Clarity enhancers just makes everything more sparkly and evident, bringing out details. Soundstage is very wide and flat like a circle plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back