Sony X Series Walkman, COWON S9, Apple iPod touch 2G, SanDisk Sansa Fuze Impressions with the Shure E500 / SE530
Jan 15, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #271 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darksyde /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Successors?!!! You say WHAT?!!!

o:

Hasn't there already been a leak about the cowon 'j3' which may be the s9 successor? I dunno really, for some reason I've always been under the impression they may be releasing new players soon. Must've read it somewhere and it stuck :p

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:35 PM Post #272 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by Installation /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hasn't there already been a leak about the cowon 'j3' which may be the s9 successor? I dunno really, for some reason I've always been under the impression they may be releasing new players soon. Must've read it somewhere and it stuck :p

Hype machine!!!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM Post #273 of 278
Might be something that was teased at CES. I know that Cowon's got a big new PMP coming up.

In slightly unrelated news, a question for you i9/ S9 users: I just read a review of the i9 where the reviewer found that mysteriously, AAC files would play despite there being no support for them. Can anyone confirm this?

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:15 PM Post #274 of 278
The S9 looks like my sorta player even though I already have the Touch 3rd gen and X1060...IMO for sound quality: Touch. Aesthetics and build: X1060

I loved to own the iPod Touch when I had my amp, as everything sounded so nice, but I just cannot do any critical listening when I am on the go etc, so the amp went. Might sell my iPod touch to my sister and keep the X or buy a S9
confused.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #275 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The S9 looks like my sorta player even though I already have the Touch 3rd gen and X1060...IMO for sound quality: Touch. Aesthetics and build: X1060

I loved to own the iPod Touch when I had my amp, as everything sounded so nice, but I just cannot do any critical listening when I am on the go etc, so the amp went. Might sell my iPod touch to my sister and keep the X or buy a S9
confused.gif

Buy an S9 and give your X to me!
biggrin.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #276 of 278
Haha when I get rich
biggrin.gif
i never use either iPod nor X1060, but I like to know I have two top tier PMP
smily_headphones1.gif
Especially when I have my UM3X to play with
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #277 of 278
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha when I get rich
biggrin.gif
i never use either iPod nor X1060, but I like to know I have two top tier PMP
smily_headphones1.gif
Especially when I have my UM3X to play with
tongue.gif

That sentence is like some kind of horrific oxy-moron. Like saying, "I'll do that when I get rich. For now I'll just stick with my 24 carat gold jet boat and my magical crystal helicopter, neither of which I ever use anyway. I just like to know I have two obscenely amazing things.
smily_headphones1.gif
Especially when I have my harem of slave girls to play with!"

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #278 of 278
Jealous?
biggrin.gif
. Nothing to be jealous of
tongue.gif
. I bought the X because I needed a PMP for my UM3X. Then I got the iPod touch to use at home as my main rig with a P-51 Mustang amp. I then somehow saved up a lot of money and got together a proper desktop rig with a DAC, AMP and headphones. So as the portable setup was my main rig, it then turned into a portable setup. I barely go anywhere as I am not that kind of person so I sold the amp and am left with a iPod touch and X1060
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back