Sony WH-1000XM5 multipoint?
Oct 16, 2022 at 9:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ultrarunner2018

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys;
I just bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM5. I am loving these headphones so far, but I have one problem: trying to connect to 2 devices at the same time using multipoint.
I have enabled the feature in the Sony headphones connect app.
I believe that my problem is that I am trying to connect the headphones to my Galaxy A51 Android 12 phone and my Windows 10 PC. I have read that connecting to a PC can present problems, especially if attempting to pair with two devices simultaneously.

I want to be able to hear the notification tones (phone or text) on the phone while listening to tunes on my Windows PC.
I can indeed connect to the two devices simultaneously, but when a text was received on the phone, I did not get any notification sound on the headphones - only on my Galaxy Watch 4.

Since it appears that I'm not going to have any luck with the headphones themselves, I thought I might be able to purchase a 'Bluetooth Mixer', which would allow both sources to be paired with it, and the headphones paired only with the mixer. I believe such a mixer does exist, for DJ's. I checked one on Amazon, but it was a very old model, using BT 3.0. I think I need BT 5.x in order to do what I want to do, and use a high quality codec.

Another method I have thought of would be to connect the phone via USB to my PC, and set it up to stream all sounds (music and notifications) to an app on the PC. Once I have that connection, I can pair the WH-1000XM5 only with the PC, and use the Windows sound mixer panel to control the volume from each device. I could also use Voice Meeter if necessary.

Has anyone been successful in doing what I want to do with the WH-1000XM5?
If not, do either of my work-arounds make sense?

Thanks for your input
Ultrarunner

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #2 of 2
A lot of time has passed, but - are you sure you first enabled the multipoint functionality from the Sony Headphones app?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back