Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones stay on longer, need to be charged more often
Feb 22, 2022 at 12:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mikewsony

New Head-Fier
Six months ago, I bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 wireless headphones, which I use with my Pixel 6 Android phone. I use them for roughly two hours each day. This model of headphones is very much controlled by software that's downloaded by the phone and then loaded into the headphones via Bluetooth.

O was very happy with the charging behavior of the headphones for roughly the first five months. The headphones would automatically power off after a while when not in use (basically just the default behavior), and I'd find that I needed to charge the headphones perhaps once every 10 days or so. About a month ago the behavior changed for the worse. Now, it seems that the headphones stay powered on for much longer periods of time when not in use, and they run out of power more frequently, so now it seems that I need to recharge them every 5 days or so.

Nothing in my behavior has changed. I don't see any relevant settings in the Sony "Headphones" app that's installed on my phone. And the Sony manual doesn't mention anything that seems relevant to this.

I am suspecting that perhaps a software update has changed the behavior, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get the headphones back to their previous good charging behavior?

Mar 9, 2022 at 8:28 PM Post #3 of 3
I had a 1000XM3 as my working headset and don't have this problem. I turned it off manually every day after work.

It'll be nice if it could turn itself off automatically after a while though. I'm not even aware of anything available as my desktop stay on all the time and always has Bluetooth connection to the headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back