Sony WF-1000XM4 Impressions Thread
Oct 5, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #2,523 of 3,004
OK guys
been scrouring for alternate tips for w 1000xm4

to recap. besides an ear infection this is where i am at.
sony stock
small tips no isolation ANC non.
Medium virtually same as small.
large anc works fine but i have to push them in far in, which pulls the bulbus part tight against my ear good seal, but feels like a blockage and alot of pressure,
resulting in pain.

now brought the spin cp360
small : no good no anc isolation
medium : as above
large : anc works, just about.
no pain discomfort but... sound weak slightly muffled very tinny.

where do i go from here guys????
i was looking at

TrueGrip™ Pro for Sony True Wireless Memory Foam Earbud Tips​

And

inal Audio Type E Series Silicone Eartips for 3.5mm-5.5mm nozzle SS / S / M / L / LL​

would these be the same as wf..... stock tips?
i need something thats comfy like cp360s buy goes in a little further, so it pulls the ear bud tighter against my ear to make anc good
but more importantly gives me back that bass sound i had with sony stock large foam.
the stock foams sounded bloody marvelous, just tooooo painful.

as you have all guessed iam ne to all this.

also have dbpowermp full unlocked version from a year ago, dot htink i have used it.
would this be useful ? with it being highly config...

thanx in advanced

Oct 5, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #2,525 of 3,004
Yes Sedna Crystal and Final E are my 2 favourite tips

Oct 6, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #2,526 of 3,004
Considering buying a pair if anyone is selling.

Oct 6, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #2,527 of 3,004
I got an iPhone. So I might consider selling mine. It’s up on classifieds. Aac is a real bottleneck in my case.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:07 PM Post #2,528 of 3,004
I got an iPhone. So I might consider selling mine. It’s up on classifieds. Aac is a real bottleneck in my case.
Strange, I’ve got absolutely no problem with aac from my iPhone, it delivers perfectly fine sq and I would not be able to detect any better sq given the general ambient noise and anc effects. Yes in a quiet environment without anc ldac gives slightly better sq from my Sony daps but that’s not what I got these for, there I will allways use wired phones for clearly better sq.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #2,529 of 3,004
I have tested with a Sony dap as well. And the difference is obvious. The resolution and clarity is improved. It bothers me when I know something does sound better in a different config and only just serviceable on the iPhone.
Strange, I’ve got absolutely no problem with aac from my iPhone, it delivers perfectly fine sq and I would not be able to detect any better sq given the general ambient noise and anc effects. Yes in a quiet environment without anc ldac gives slightly better sq from my Sony daps but that’s not what I got these for, there I will allways use wired phones for clearly better sq.

Oct 6, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #2,530 of 3,004
Have tried a bunch of tips on these and the AZLA Max (Standard) have been my favorite. Sounds great and no ear pressure.

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:15 PM Post #2,531 of 3,004
I have tested with a Sony dap as well. And the difference is obvious. The resolution and clarity is improved. It bothers me when I know something does sound better in a different config and only just serviceable on the iPhone.
When out and about with anc active and traffic noise etc. the sq difference is barely there for me. If acc is not good enough for you it is the iPhone you need to get rid of not the XM4

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #2,532 of 3,004
When out and about with anc active and traffic noise etc. the sq difference is barely there for me. If acc is not good enough for you it is the iPhone you need to get rid of not the XM4
lol the phone? you can't be serious.. so i'll change phones, if i think the codec quality does not measure ?

Oct 6, 2022 at 9:14 PM Post #2,533 of 3,004
lol the phone? you can't be serious.. so i'll change phones, if i think the codec quality does not measure ?
Well you’ll have to if aac is not acceptable as that is the best an iPhone can do

Oct 6, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #2,534 of 3,004
OK guys
been scrouring for alternate tips for w 1000xm4

to recap. besides an ear infection this is where i am at.
sony stock
small tips no isolation ANC non.
Medium virtually same as small.
large anc works fine but i have to push them in far in, which pulls the bulbus part tight against my ear good seal, but feels like a blockage and alot of pressure,
resulting in pain.

now brought the spin cp360
small : no good no anc isolation
medium : as above
large : anc works, just about.
no pain discomfort but... sound weak slightly muffled very tinny.

where do i go from here guys????
i was looking at

TrueGrip™ Pro for Sony True Wireless Memory Foam Earbud Tips​

And

inal Audio Type E Series Silicone Eartips for 3.5mm-5.5mm nozzle SS / S / M / L / LL​

would these be the same as wf..... stock tips?
i need something thats comfy like cp360s buy goes in a little further, so it pulls the ear bud tighter against my ear to make anc good
but more importantly gives me back that bass sound i had with sony stock large foam.
the stock foams sounded bloody marvelous, just tooooo painful.

as you have all guessed iam ne to all this.

also have dbpowermp full unlocked version from a year ago, dot htink i have used it.
would this be useful ? with it being highly config...

thanx in advanced

I would suggest that once your ear infection clears up that you test out some of tips that you have previously tried. Your experience might be a bit different.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back