Sony walkman Tips and Tricks
Mar 14, 2015 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 143

gerelmx1986

Headphoneus Supremus
I have been noticing many of You have problems with your walkman audio playes be it Progressive jpgs, album art not showing, duplicate artists etc.

So decided to make a set of tips and tricks for the walkman experience

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALBUM ART EMBEDDING WITH MP3TAG
 ​
You can embed albym art to files such as MP3, FLAC, ALAC, AAC etc with the MP3TAG software, you can do it on a single album or in batch mode
beerchug.gif

Single mode.

1.  select the files or the folder of your album, right-click and chose mp3tag on the menu

2. Locate on the tag editor (left) the image view (square with a CD icon) right-click and select add cover

3. Choose your JPEG FILE

4. Right-click and select set cover type > FRONT COVER

5. Click Save (the diskette icon)

Mar 14, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #2 of 143
Batch Mode

1. select multiple folders of msuic files and right-click and chose MP3TAG

2. Choose actios quick button, the one that has an AB letters

3.  Chose Import Image from File

4. <picture name>.jpg on the file format string

5. click OK

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 143
CONVERTING A PROGRESSIVE JPEG TO BASELINE JPEG
1. Open the file in photoshop or any other advanced photo editing program, not paint EDIT: PAINT SEEMS TO DO THE TRICK ALSO

2. choose save as...

3. if propted the file exists click OK anyways

4. if PROGRESSIVE is selected, CHOOSE BASELINE STANDARD

5. CLICK SAVE
6. close photoshop or photo-editing program and retag your files removing the old jpg in mp3tag, save and add again as front cover and save again

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2015 at 12:00 AM Post #4 of 143
PUTTING SONGS IN A SINGLE ALBUM INSTEAD OF ABC CD 1.. ABC CD2.. ABC CD X
 ​
Some people hate CDs or well saying better their albums in the form of Album CD 1, Album CD 2, album CD 3.... Album CD N+1
biggrin.gif

1. select the albums you desire to convert to a single album, If you want make a copy to another location to avoid messing up your preciously tagged files

2. after selecting the right-click > mp3TAG in your folders, proceed to remane the tracks by hitting the TAG-FILENAME Command

3. Choode the format string as follows: %Track%- %title% and click OK

4. order bi directory by clicking on the path column and if necessary on the file name colum to order the files by directory from 1 to N per each "CD"

5.Hit the Autonumbering wizard

6. uncheck the "Reset counter for each directory" checkbox (will be from 1 to N or from M to N depending if you want to input a numeric value in the Start At text field

7. click OK and got to the TAG-FILE NAME option to rename the tracks witht he following command $num(%track%,4)- %title%  First value is the filed track and the second parameter is the number if leading zeroes in my case 4 because my walkman can stire up to 9900 FLAC at it's best

8. Optional: change the album name to other thing and click save

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 143
FILES NOT PLAYING ON WALKMAN OR HANGING THE WALKMAN?: CHECKING FLAC OR ANY OTHER FORMAT FOR INTEGRITY
 ​
Using dbpowerAmp

1. Choose your folder to convert and right-click dbpoweramp

2. click convert

3. choose TEST CONVERSION

4. click OK

5. wait when it finishes if it' stops converting maybe an error be sure to check error logs

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM Post #6 of 143
Using auidotester
IT DOES NOT READ DSD (DSF/DFF) FILES UNFORTUNATELY
1. go to xiph.org and browse for FLAC tools and chose audiptester

2. once on the audiotester page download it and when finishing unzip it where you want

3. if you have 64-bit windows chose audiotester64

4. dra and drop files there also folders can be draggged and dropped

5. wait until it finishes it has two sections: Files that Failed and Files that passed.. check the first one for any errors

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2015 at 1:24 AM Post #9 of 143
Hope is useful i foundMP3TAG to be the best software for editing tags, you can also batch edit your files and replace certain parts of the tittle and so on

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #10 of 143
How about playback of music by albums/artist that jump to the next album/artist instead of repeat/stop playing. When I was getting my first walkman, it really bugged me and I think this is  one of the common problem for the walkman first timer.

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:37 AM Post #11 of 143
ERROS in dbpower and audiotester

Had to corrupt on purpose some flacs (WARNING DON'T TRY THIS BEFORE BACKIN UP ALL YOUR PRECIOUS MUSIC COLLECTION!!!!!!!!) copied some files to an usb and disconencted it befoe finishing copiying

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #12 of 143
  How about playback of music by albums/artist that jump to the next album/artist instead of repeat/stop playing. When I was getting my first walkman, it really bugged me and I think this is  one of the common problem for the walkman first timer.

In OPTIONS MENU select Playback Range > All Range

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #13 of 143
CLASSICAL MUSIC LOVERS PET PEEVE.. NO COMPOSER VIEW IN WALKMANS
mad.gif
 (iPods do this)
 ​
 ​
EDIT AS OF 2016 THIS ONLY APPLIES FOR OLD WALKMAN OS (RELEASES BEFORE 2016)
1. Search for your composer's names in MediaGo or any other music management software and select Add to playlist (sorry for the spanish menu, my VAIO was bought in Mexico so it has spanish windows 8.1)

2. Name your playlist as the composer you sought in my case Jaques Champion de Chambonnieres ( for the curious who is Chambonnieres: French Harpsichord school composer) and click OK

3. Search ypur playlists under playlists or so

4.OPTIONAL STEP: Rearrange song order

5.Connect your walkman and select the add to playlist > your walkman device, my case NWZ-A17

6. wait until finishes and dissconnect

In your walkman in MUSIC > PLAYLISTS

OPTION #2

if you have your folders with the composers names (in windows explorer, finder for mac os x) then just drag n drop them to your MUSIC folder in your walkman and use the Folder Browse feature

​

Mar 15, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #15 of 143
FILES HANGING THE WALKMAN OR NOT PLAYING?

ALWAYS EJECT THE WALKMAN USING THE SAFELY EJECT HARDWARE ON WINDOWS OR DRAG TO EJECT "TRASH" IN MAC OS X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back