Sony SCD-C555ES Hot Rod: sacdmods.com Mods Impressions/Review
Aug 6, 2003 at 11:18 AM Post #226 of 233
thanks.

actually,I was looking at the HTPS7000 balanced power condition. I see it on audiogon and ebay for about $800.

Hey bluesaint, have you tried any other power cables with your hotrod? I ask because I plan to get a pair of used Nites also. I'd like to know beforehand if you've found something better than the Nites.

Aug 6, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #227 of 233
Quote:

Hey Mark, A quick question.

I left my hotrod looping the same cd track since friday night. Came to check on it this afternoon and hear this clicking sound from the hotrod eventhough the track is still playing. Did you ever get this occuring? The clicking stopped when I changed to a different CD in the tray.

No, I haven't experienced this, but I've never put a single track on repeat. I've left all the discs on repeat though for burn-in purposes and I never noticed this. Maybe check with Matthew see what he says.
Quote:

Are either of you guys using a power conditioner with your Hotrods? Or are you just plugging it directly into the wall?

I'm using a Monster PB1100 with my headphone rig. Unless you have extra budget for a power regenerator, this one seems to work very well for the money ($150 or so on the web).

Mark

Aug 6, 2003 at 6:47 PM Post #230 of 233
What about a PS Audio Lambda cd transport $2200, plus a Perpetual Tecnologies P-1A/P-3A with power supply and cable upgrades $2100. The Lambda was one of the best transports on the market and the perpetual units are well known for their superior playback; I owned this pair for two years plus. I dont own them now because the sacdmods 555es was better; so I sold them. The Lambda was Class B stereophile and the perpetual combo Class A stereophile. The perpetual tech combo is still rated Class A.

Sep 8, 2003 at 1:35 PM Post #232 of 233
Quote:

Where did everyone go?

I must have had a dozen people PM me asking about where to find a 555ES, but I never heard back from anyone.
frown.gif
maybe no one had any luck and they gave up?
confused.gif

In any case, Nightfall brought his 555ES Hot Rod to the Detroit meet. It was very favorably received, click here to see some attendees impressions: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=44538

Sep 10, 2003 at 3:59 AM Post #233 of 233
Quote:

Originally posted by markl
[In any case, Nightfall brought his 555ES Hot Rod to the Detroit meet. It was very favorably received, click here to see some attendees impressions: http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=44538 [/B]

The Hot Rod did indeed do us all proud Markl, and with some of the toughest critics I can imagine certifying it as outstanding. It was particularily nice to receive the accolades from these people whose opinions I have such immense respect for.

JC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back