Sony Qualia 010 (MDR1-Q010) Drivers only
Mar 19, 2011 at 10:24 AM Post #4 of 13
from Sony website, unfortunately no drivers...

Q010MDR1  
X20211771 
EAR PAD (BLUE) ASSY 
192,34 €

Q010MDR1  
X20222971 
PAD (RED) ASSY, EAR 
192,34 €

Q010MDR1  
CORD (WITH PLUG)    
392,10 €             

Q010MDR1  
BAND (S), HEAD       
615,15 €

Q010MDR1M2
BAND, HEAD(M)       
615,15 €

Q010MDR1L3
BAND (L), HEAD       
615,15 €

Apr 18, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #5 of 13
It is not possible to buy a spare driver for the Qualia.  I asked several times already.  The owner needs to send in his/her Qualia to get a repair service including a driver repair job.  My right channel on my Qualia stopped working last November, and it took them nearly 6 months to return the headphones back to me.  Luckily, it is repaired and sounds as great as ever.  Sony was not able to repair the Qualia in the States so they have to send this over to Japan to get the work done.

Purk

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
It is not possible to buy a spare driver for the Qualia.  I asked several times already.  The owner needs to send in his/her Qualia to get a repair service including a driver repair job.  My right channel on my Qualia stopped working last November, and it took them nearly 6 months to return the headphones back to me.  Luckily, it is repaired and sounds as great as ever.  Sony was not able to repair the Qualia in the States so they have to send this over to Japan to get the work done.

Purk

thanks

Apr 20, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #7 of 13
No problem.  It is ashamed that the Qualia is not user serviceable.  You even can buy parts for the R10 when it was available.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #8 of 13
Interesting that Sony Japan was able to service the Qualia since parts for them are no longer available. I wonder if they would be able to service the R10 since parts for them are also no longer available.

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
Interesting that Sony Japan was able to service the Qualia since parts for them are no longer available. I wonder if they would be able to service the R10 since parts for them are also no longer available.

I think the situation b/w R10 & Qualia are quite different, IMO.  The Qualia is not meant to be user serviceable according to Sony while the R10 is/was.  One used to able get an R10 service manual, order parts, and work on the R10; but not anymore as they discontinued all parts in exception to the earpads.  As far as I know, service manual is not even available to the general public for the Qualia.  Heck, the only parts that can be ordered for Qualia is the cable and headbands.  The good news is Sony Japan confirmed that they will continue to service the Qualia until 2014.  

May 7, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #12 of 13
Dear Purk

My 010's left channel does not work anymore, do you have the contact of the services center in Japan? Since I am not in the state (in hk now) i can't have them sent via Sony USA. (should i contact sonystyle hk? i dont really trust them with my 010)

Thanks
King

May 8, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
Dear Purk

My 010's left channel does not work anymore, do you have the contact of the services center in Japan? Since I am not in the state (in hk now) i can't have them sent via Sony USA. (should i contact sonystyle hk? i dont really trust them with my 010)

Thanks

King,

Unfortunately, I don't have any contact with Sony Qualia Japan during the service repair as Sony USA handled all the contact with the Sony Japan through out the repair process.  However, if you need a USA contact information; I'll be glad to share it with you.  

Not sure on what to advise here, but the good news is I had the exact same problem and they were able to repair the Qualia.  This will likely be a long and frustrating process as it may take b/w 3 to 5 months before they can return the 010 back to you.  In my case, one full month was lost due to miscommunication b/w Sony Qualia Conceirge and Texas Service Repair departments.  Somehow, they were not able to locate the whereabout of my headphones.  It took another month for Texas repair division to figure out that only Sony Japan can service them.  Finally, three months went by before Sony Japan was able to complete the repair and return them back to me.  Honestly, I was only a week away from from settling for a cash refund for the headphones. 

If Sony USA was able to handle my repair, I'm sure Sony HK should be able to assist with your repair as well.  Make sure that you contact them first and create the repair or event ID with them.  Next, leave all original accessories with you and just sent in the headphones+cable to them.  Keep the shipping receipt and provide Sony HK with tracking information, make sure to insure the package for the full amount in case it arrived damaged or lost.  Check with Sony HK on the where about and the repair status.  You may want to share my repair situation so thing might move a little faster from HK to Japan.  

BTW, Qualia Conceirge USA department has ceased operation, so all repairs are handled through their service center.  On the positive notes, since it took them so long to complete the repair, it was handled under warranty.  Sony Japan should continue to service all Qualia products up to 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back