Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp
Sep 25, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #1,351 of 1,929
Thanx :D

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #1,353 of 1,929
Yeah I was amazed at the difference with my SE846'S balanced on the pha3. Not sure if I should buy it again or get the new Walkman Wm1a. At least with the pha3 I can use as a desktop and portable.

Sep 25, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #1,354 of 1,929
Excellent pairing with Mee Audio P1, these two belong together. The P1 are very hard to drive they work better with a DAC/AMP i try it with a few other but they all cripple the soundstage where the PHA3 expand the soundstage even more. Now that i got a balanced cable i longer need to keep them in high gain am telling you these thing are monsters.

Balanced cable link please :)

Sep 25, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #1,355 of 1,929
Balanced cable link please
smily_headphones1.gif

Only $15, so cheap i bought 2, i have a extra one to use in the future.
https://trinityaudioengineering.com/collections/parts-accessories/products/pono-balanced-mmcx-multi-braid-cable

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #1,356 of 1,929
Need help deciding whether to buy this.. so the PHA-3 only works in balanced mode with a digital source? that means it won't work with my pono player correct which is analogue?? I have sennheiser 800s.. is it worth buying this for the pono player? Please help!!!

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #1,357 of 1,929
Need help deciding whether to buy this.. so the PHA-3 only works in balanced mode with a digital source? that means it won't work with my pono player correct which is analogue?? I have sennheiser 800s.. is it worth buying this for the pono player? Please help!!!

Pono player with USB to pha3 is ok, but balanced analog to pha3 is not possible

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #1,358 of 1,929

You can get improved sound using the PHA-3. So it would be a good upgrade.

Oct 7, 2016 at 9:21 PM Post #1,362 of 1,929
k what am i doing wrong? i get nothing. i connected the usb plug that came with the pono player into the pha-3 usb slot.. i know I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff but it won't fit anywhere else! i get a green power light. so the usb is connected to the pha-3... the balanced cables from the headphones are now going into the pha-3 where they are supposed to right? no longer connected to the pono player anymore.. right? what am i missing?

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #1,363 of 1,929
k what am i doing wrong? i get nothing. i connected the usb plug that came with the pono player into the pha-3 usb slot.. i know I'm dumb when it comes to this stuff but it won't fit anywhere else! i get a green power light. so the usb is connected to the pha-3... the balanced cables from the headphones are now going into the pha-3 where they are supposed to right? no longer connected to the pono player anymore.. right? what am i missing?

I've never used the pono player but I thought pha-3 was only compatible digitally with Walkman, Xperia, iPhone/iPod and a few other types of android phones. That's what the Sony page says anyway.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1572

Oct 8, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,364 of 1,929
I've never used the pono player but I thought pha-3 was only compatible digitally with Walkman, Xperia, iPhone/iPod and a few other types of android phones. That's what the Sony page says anyway.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1572

Ya i guess im coming to that realization that the pono just wont work with this despite people telling me it will and surf cables saying it works. sigh pitiful. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back