Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Dec 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #1,951 of 7,711

I use a Neutron app as main application.(It too drain batt T_T)
When I want to change/pause/play track, I have to change it by touch operation.
But ZX1 has Hardward buttons so I don't need to turn screen on for changing track every time ^_^.

BlueTooth function is also great sounds.
Better than my previous Z and Samsung Note II.

I don't understand, does it not allow the user to use the side buttons with the stock inbuilt player?
Also the Neutron Music Player allows the playability of files like Ape and so on that are not normally allowed with the stock software, am I right here?

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #1,953 of 7,711
What planet have you been living on. Head-fi is a privilege club with all of the latest info on hi fi gears, I don't think the ZX1 is that expensive, have you checked the hi-res daps lately?

in all seriousness, I would consider it "resonable priced" if it includes the phone function.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #1,955 of 7,711

Affordable? There are those who understand good-quality audio who would never consider a $725 music box "affordable."

~Brian

there again those of us who are into hi-fi wouldn't accept a lesser sound, so yes this is a affordable & cheap alternative when taking in the cost of a 'good quality' home system... the ZX1 wouldn't cover the cost of my old Chord cables.

on another note... in many ways all this talk about 'my DAP is better than your DAP' is pretty redundant in my view... all the new DAP's seem to play Hi-Res so it really is a matter of flavours, each will sound different, then you have to dial in the headphone question 'am I happy with the sound pairing'...  a good hi-fi dealer starts with the sources turntable/CD-player & amps then matches the speakers to your musical preference, on head-fi the reverse seems to be common place i.e people seem to think the headphone is the key element, in a way I find that view a bit skewed as I believe it's best to start with the source first.

Dec 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #1,956 of 7,711
there again those of us who are into hi-fi wouldn't accept a lesser sound, so yes this is a affordable & cheap alternative when taking in the cost of a 'good quality' home system... the ZX1 wouldn't cover the cost of my old Chord cables.

on another note... in many ways all this talk about 'my DAP is better than your DAP' is pretty redundant in my view... all the new DAP's seem to play Hi-Res so it really is a matter of flavours, each will sound different, then you have to dial in the headphone question 'am I happy with the sound pairing'...  a good hi-fi dealer starts with the sources turntable/CD-player & amps then matches the speakers to your musical preference, on head-fi the reverse seems to be common place i.e people seem to think the headphone is the key element, in a way I find that view a bit skewed as I believe it's best to start with the source first.

+1

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #1,957 of 7,711
sweet rig !
gs1000.gif
..i recognize the zx1 and the 334, but thats about all I know. You mind sharing details of the rest of the rig?  
cheers !

My rig

DAP : Sony Walkman ZX1
Dock : Bispa EXP-WMPORT-FDOCK
M2M : crystal piccolino (repaired)
AMP : Furutech ADL X1
Earphone : FitEar ToGo 334 + ALO SXC 24 cable

This set is awesome for Anisong.

Dec 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,958 of 7,711
I don't understand, does it not allow the user to use the side buttons with the stock inbuilt player?
Also the Neutron Music Player allows the playability of files like Ape and so on that are not normally allowed with the stock software, am I right here?

I meant Neutron app is my main player.
It allows to use buttons with Sony music app.(stock built-in player)
But for the other apps may use with side buttons if the Sony music app is not opened.
(When I open Sony music app the side buttons work for this app only)

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #1,960 of 7,711
You are amping the Sony ZX1? Why?

Dec 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM Post #1,962 of 7,711
You can quote me from here to heaven's end. The ZX1 totally puts the Tera to shame. Sony just put the TP out of business. Without question. If you need details, I'm happy to oblige.
I disagree...these are totally different in terms of use and soundwise. The ZX1 is sharper sounding and the Tera is more organic and natural sounding. Of course the ZX1 will please more people in terms of usability, but saying one puts the other to shame is a very personal view.

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:51 AM Post #1,963 of 7,711
Dec 16, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #1,964 of 7,711
Thanks although does it allow Ape files to be played. According to their website it does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back