Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model
Jan 12, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #3,151 of 7,711
  If you aer a Bass Lover, this pair is a good choice.
Bass detail is very good and impact full, ZX1 has increased soundstage wide, depth for my SE846, treble has increased a bit too, all sound are smooth for me.

Thanks. I am a bass lover. How do you compare them to 1+2s, if you had a chance to audition them?

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:20 AM Post #3,152 of 7,711
Fortis, i'd be very interested if you have used the dock to directly connect via. 3.5 to 2 phono lead to your Tag processor? This should be more direct than going through the oppo?

If its line out, it would still be using the zx's DACs either way? Would it not be mass storage only if connected by USB to the Oppo blu ray?

Jan 13, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #3,153 of 7,711

A cable upgrade helps as well.  SPC really makes the HD25 sing.

But Amperiors are quite a steal these days...

Stefan Audio E cable is a fantastic improvement on HD 25 phones, really lifts them to another level...

Jan 13, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #3,154 of 7,711
  When I was trying out third party music player apps for the F806, I compared Poweramp to a few, and found that I like Winamp Pro more. It has EQ with adjustment down into the low bass HZ range, and to my ears sounded a bit better than Poweramp, with both set no EQ. It actually sounded equal with the stock Sony player before the last firmware update (I think stock may have taken a very slight advantage after that update, if I recall correctly, because it improved in clarity after that). I may reinstall it on the ZX1 for kicks and grins.

Edit- I installed Winamp Pro on the ZX1, and it is noticeably worse sounding than the stock player. This is definitely a different result than I had with the F806....

My good man, can you install poweramp and share your findings as I am considering this route when I purchase the Sony.

Jan 13, 2014 at 5:35 AM Post #3,155 of 7,711
I installed poweramp and few other players. Few hours later promptly uninstalled everything. Stock player is better.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #3,157 of 7,711
I have just been to price-japan to check out prices and so on.

+ Using EMS - Any problems with this option?
+ Screen-sheet (SONY PRF-NWH40) BTW is this a good protector?
+ Paypal fees
+ Shipping Insurance

I was quoted $830.00US

Best Price or not???

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #3,158 of 7,711

+ Paypal fees
+ Shipping Insurance

I was quoted $830.00US

Best Price or not???

EMS was pretty quick 5-6 days to NZ.

Screen saver is a bit thick. I use LG Optimus G without screen protector (Gorilla glass does resist scratches to a limit ). The UI does feel a bit less responsive due to screen protector on ZX1 but it aint gorilla glass or sapphire crystal.

Ask if they have a bank account in your country. Payment will be without any fee or transaction charges then. Paid 950 NZD to NZ account of theirs.

I think insurance depends on the declared value. Mine was like 190 NZD. Not sure if it was insured or not.

How so, please include EQ settings.

I rarely use EQ.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:27 AM Post #3,159 of 7,711

+ Paypal fees
+ Shipping Insurance

I was quoted $830.00US

Best Price or not???

That's pretty much how I went about it, except as psygiest suggested, bank transfer instead of paypal to reduce fees.

Unsure if it's the best price, but i think it's a good price. I have to mention customer service and reputation is pretty awesome, so I don't mind paying abit more.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #3,160 of 7,711
  EMS was pretty quick 5-6 days to NZ.

Screen saver is a bit thick. I use LG Optimus G without screen protector (Gorilla glass does resist scratches to a limit ). The UI does feel a bit less responsive due to screen protector on ZX1 but it aint gorilla glass or sapphire crystal.

Ask if they have a bank account in your country. Payment will be without any fee or transaction charges then. Paid 950 NZD to NZ account of theirs.

I think insurance depends on the declared value. Mine was like 190 NZD. Not sure if it was insured or not.

I rarely use EQ.

Thanks, I read here that Price-japan automatically declares a much lower figure for customs on thebox. Did they do this for you or do I need to ask them?

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #3,161 of 7,711

Thanks, I read here that Price-japan automatically declares a much lower figure for customs on thebox. Did they do this for you or do I need to ask them?

Just ask them the exact amount in YEN or AUD to be sure.

They declared mine at 16000 YEN.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #3,163 of 7,711
  For imports into Australia, I thought there were are no duties or taxes for goods that are valued below $1000AUD? Since the order from PJ falls below $1000AUD, we should be fine?

Yes you are correct, I'm just covering myself against theft. I know it's insured although just to avoid hassles.

Jan 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM Post #3,165 of 7,711
  I installed poweramp and few other players. Few hours later promptly uninstalled everything. Stock player is better.

agree 100% with this. beyond me why anyone would spend all that money on the zx1 where both the sony hardware and sony software are designed with each other in mind....and then proceed to install 3rd party stuff that is never going to be as good a pairing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back