SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 3, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #2,521 of 7,541
I have used my A15 with a 128 GB card. How do I transfer songs to the 16 GB built-in memory again? I did it once when I bought it and I can't believe I forgot how! Thanks

I don't have my device with me right now...but you need to go into settings and change the target memory to the internal one.

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #2,522 of 7,541
I don't have my device with me right now...but you need to go into settings and change the target memory to the internal one.

Yeah I seem to remember that but now I can't find where to change the target memory to the internal one :frowning2:

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #2,523 of 7,541
I don't remember where the songs were(I deleted them the first day). but it's not that hard to use an explorer on the the computer and look for the folders with the most data. the preloaded music is probably the bigger one. some people didn't think too hard on this.
You guys use any USB wall chargers to charge your A10 or just the computer?

I tend to charge most of my DAPs with wall chargers. and change my music on the SD card using a card reader. in my experience both charging and file transfers go faster that way. but I only have some old poor laptop as a computer when I tend to keep usb chargers that are mostly 1.5 or 2A. maybe on a good computer with a good power unit the difference goes away?

Feb 3, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #2,525 of 7,541

Yeah I seem to remember that but now I can't find where to change the target memory to the internal one :frowning2:

the SD card icon on main page

Feb 3, 2015 at 4:47 AM Post #2,527 of 7,541
U have to go to sd card settings in menu then storage for for file transfer, then change location for usb transfet then, memory storage then select memory storage and whala.

This isn't the best way to handle storage, quite stone age really.

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #2,530 of 7,541
  I have used my A15 with a 128 GB card. How do I transfer songs to the 16 GB built-in memory again? I did it once when I bought it and I can't believe I forgot how! Thanks

Go to "SD Card Settings" on the home screen, select "Storage for File Transfer" then change the "Location for USB Transfer" to "System Storage" 

Feb 3, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #2,533 of 7,541

and the player will only take what it needs correct? eg if charging with a pc offering 500ma the player would only suck up 130ma of that. ultimately there is zero risk of damaging the player.

Yep. Don't worry. I charge mine with a 2A charger and everything's fine, it doesn't heat up or anything. 

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:19 AM Post #2,534 of 7,541
  It really doesn't matter where you charge the player! It only charges with 130mA. A PC can deliver 500mA.

where did you get that value? I don't even know what the battery specs are and I opened the DAP ^_^. I would expect something like 130mA as a lower limit to charge, not as the highest.

Feb 3, 2015 at 8:39 AM Post #2,535 of 7,541
I measured it... The battery is very small and is usually charged at 1/2C (half of the capacity in mA). So my guess is a 260mAh battery.
But you know what? I will discharge the player today and will measure the capacity. 

With 500mA you would only need 30minute for al full charge. A little bit fast, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back