SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #1,231 of 7,541
My good old A845 which has the same Sony OS as A17 never got any firmware update. Android based F886 and ZX1 on the other hand got quite a few. Now version 1.23 and 1.13 respectively. The firmware updates beside fixing errors also add some handly capabilities such as DSD playback.

I am interested to know whether there is hardware difference between A1X international and JPN versions.Whether the noise cancellation capability is disabled via firmware for the international version.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,232 of 7,541
Quote:
  speaking of firmware, mine is at 1.00, how would one even update the firmware on these and does Sony have a history of updating the firmware for their walkmans allot?

sony isn't famous for selling beta versions of DAPs, so when they sell a product it's usually already working just fine. and they didn't wait for customers to find bugs.

android models are another matter as android does need to change if only for new techs and apps.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,234 of 7,541

sony isn't famous for selling beta versions of DAPs, so when they sell a product it's usually already working just fine. and they didn't wait for customers to find bugs.

android models are another matter as android does need to change if only for new techs and apps.

same here i find their software bulletproof thats one thing i like about their DAPs....you wont find one bug

Nov 13, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #1,235 of 7,541
I have a Japanese version incoming i am curious to see how its differs from the EU A15 i bought and returned...Apart from ATRAC playback and noise cancellation thats the only difference i am aware of..

Also a line-in analog recording feature. Wonder if the English menu is available or not on the japanese unit.

Nov 13, 2014 at 1:18 PM Post #1,236 of 7,541

same here i find their software bulletproof thats one thing i like about their DAPs....you wont find one bug

Music to my ears

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #1,237 of 7,541
Can I ask another question; Are lyrics supported in anyway? I have 90% of my music collection with tagged/embedded Lyrics (just as txt, not actual lrc files), as well as having the .txt files in the album folder itself. Does Sony have a means to display them at the NPS?

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,238 of 7,541
Also a line-in analog recording feature. Wonder if the English menu is available or not on the japanese unit.

I don't think so but I will find out soon enough..

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,239 of 7,541
  Can I ask another question; Are lyrics supported in anyway? I have 90% of my music collection with tagged/embedded Lyrics (just as txt, not actual lrc files), as well as having the .txt files in the album folder itself. Does Sony have a means to display them at the NPS?

The Player is capable of displaying LRC files. You can also add Lyrics via MediaGo, but i don't know in which way they will be stored. I don't have this programm installed.

All (really all) Infos can be found here: http://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwza10/v1/h_ww/index.html

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #1,241 of 7,541
I don't think so but I will find out soon enough..

Yes it is. However you will need to purchase an cable/accessory in order to record. My japanese A867 and f807 come with this feature.

Nov 13, 2014 at 4:43 PM Post #1,242 of 7,541
Yes it is. However you will need to purchase an cable/accessory in order to record. My japanese A867 and f807 come with this feature.

I was referring to the English menu on the Japanese player...the Japanese players are easy to navigate right?

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,243 of 7,541
I was referring to the English menu on the Japanese player...the Japanese players are easy to navigate right?

Oh, I actually don't know, but you may not be able to access to all features unless you understand Japanese.  My A867 unit was a Japanese unit with an English menu.  I bought this unit from a guy who had a friend in Sony factory in Malaysia.

Nov 13, 2014 at 6:00 PM Post #1,244 of 7,541
  Oh, I actually don't know, but you may not be able to access to all features unless you understand Japanese.  My A867 unit was a Japanese unit with an English menu.  I bought this unit from a guy who had a friend in Sony factory in Malaysia.

i think it will be simple enough, the sony UI is pretty straight forward to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back