SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Nov 11, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #1,172 of 7,541
the likelihood of you finding people who had both those headphones in a sony DAP topic is not huge mate. it's not to kick you out, but you certainly would get more chances to find owners of those headphones in a proper topic for sennheiser.

Nov 11, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #1,173 of 7,541
  Im a happy owner of a Fiio X3 and just recently these guys added a review with graphs and innards for the X3. Something tells me is one of the best out there.

http://headphoniaks.com/blog/fiio-x3-wm8740-dap-analisis-tecnico-y-review/

They have a main thread in a forum called repromp3 and posted some news about a review for this new NWZ-A10 as soon as they can get hold of one.

Btw, I personally tried one unit in the stores a few days ago and honestly, is miles away from the X3 unless you value portability and only have IEMs. Anything else and the X3 blows it away (and in certain markets is barely 10-20 euros difference)

yeah cliospretty much said the same on last page.
Sony has lost its mojo...............even my rockboxed clip+ has better eq than sony dap,thats pretty awful for a high resolution capable player.

I tried rockbox for the first time today and it is an awesome thing,,i will never buy a dap without a 7-10 band eq.Its a risk if ur iem falls short a few db in a certain frequency.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #1,174 of 7,541
Guys I knw dis question probably belongs elsewhere bt im pressed 4 time and quick replies so pls 4give me... After 2 mnts of waitin senheiser ppl here in malaysia calld and offered to replace my broken mx580 wich I gave in for warranty claim..howewer dey said dey no lnger hv dat same model and r offering its youngeq brother mx581 as replacement..was told cn walk in tom and get it..i quicky dug into pics and reviews here and other pages and here is what I deduced so far-looks and quality wise 581 seems like upgrade-i luv d red design and d cable is braided, so thats a plus..fit wud b ok too I reckon cos I have small ears and 581 seems smaller than 580..but hw abt sound quality..i luv d sound of 580 and to me it sounds better than all buds I tried and even better than sum iems frm tdk and philips offering..pls pls id appreciate ur input of 581 sound-wil it b a downgrade oq wil it sound jst ap good as 580..sm reviewers commented that higher volumes ders bass distortion??..tq guys

the link below may be what you're looking for. and to reiterate what castleofargh stated, no one is giving you a rough way to go or trying to boot you from the forum, it's just strange to come to a forum asking about a completely unrelated piece of gear when a simple search in the window at the top of the page  for 'sennheiser mx580 vs mx581' would find you the results you were looking for much faster,either way no judgement here, we all make mistakes.hope this helps

http://www.head-fi.org/t/511784/review-sennheiser-mx580-mx581-fraternal-twins-equally-fabulous

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,176 of 7,541

yeah cliospretty much said the same on last page.
Sony has lost its mojo...............even my rockboxed clip+ has better eq than sony dap,thats pretty awful for a high resolution capable player.

I tried rockbox for the first time today and it is an awesome thing,,i will never buy a dap without a 7-10 band eq.Its a risk if ur iem falls short a few db in a certain frequency.

Thanks sardar17, just read it. I can see you are comparing to even Fiio X1 in terms of audio performance. 0.4V is almost as bad as my Sony Xpedia phone (barely 300mV according to some fourms). I agree the Fiio ones doesnt have the best User interface, but then, the nice "add-ons" and menu graphics in the Sony A10 are merely to navigate through the different DSP and EQ modes that sounded completely pointless to me. Well, it has BT if you want wireless headphones...

By the way, the X1 can do up to 1.5V according to these guys:

http://headphoniaks.com/blog/fiio-x1-dap-analisis-tecnico-y-review/

which is plenty enough for mid range headphones too like my inefficient Kef M500 that sound very week with my smartphone and sound awesome with my X3 
L3000.gif

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #1,177 of 7,541
^the DSP and EQ also most of the time added grain to the MDR-1RMK2 I was testing the A15 with, and that is not supposed to happens as the 1R is supposed to be a really warm sounding headphone that is forgiving to bad sources.

Damn it, I really wanted to like this, but I think I will stick with my iDSD nano.

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,178 of 7,541
  Thanks sardar17, just read it. I can see you are comparing to even Fiio X1 in terms of audio performance. 0.4V is almost as bad as my Sony Xpedia phone (barely 300mV according to some fourms). I agree the Fiio ones doesnt have the best User interface, but then, the nice "add-ons" and menu graphics in the Sony A10 are merely to navigate through the different DSP and EQ modes that sounded completely pointless to me. Well, it has BT if you want wireless headphones...

By the way, the X1 can do up to 1.5V according to these guys:

http://headphoniaks.com/blog/fiio-x1-dap-analisis-tecnico-y-review/

which is plenty enough for mid range headphones too like my inefficient Kef M500 that sound very week with my smartphone and sound awesome with my X3 
L3000.gif

My biggest gripe is this

Sony uses exactly the same ****ty 5 band eq it was using 10 years back!!
I mean do they think people don't notice??

And that last post by clieos when he says ipod nano is beating this in most of the things did it for me.This is extremely foolish on sony's part

It has all the useless features in the world like nfc and bluetooth.Who wants that??
Why not put a better dac and a real amp next time sony??

Nov 11, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #1,179 of 7,541
I want bluetooth. It is perfect on the go, on the train, on the bike, with capable aptX headphones. But i assume you can not know that, because you are an "audiophile"... 
rolleyes.gif

And yes, i pair them with NFC...

But you are right, that are not the important points on a DAP.
But is there another DAP with this set of features, in this size? I don't think so...

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,180 of 7,541
Far from it.
Point is its worth when it cannot do the main thing for which it was made properly.
Play music.

And most of audiophiles will have no problem buying it as they have got costly amps to pair this with improving its flaws.

Its the average user like me having a tight budget wanting bang for buck and no amps to pair with who is not happy.

I mean forget fiio,u got beat by a nano?
Damn this is as shocking as it gets.

Whats next?

clip is better,lol.
at least clip has an impedance of 1 approx,not sure of its power though.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #1,181 of 7,541
@wertzius

Why not get an itouch?
I recon a15 is not very small ,it will be light though.

But if u use bt then fiio is out directly,fair enough.

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #1,182 of 7,541
I hate Apple. So no Ipods for me. 
No aptX on IOS Devices.
****ty Itunes for everything.
Complicated Flac Play.
 And so on...

Blackberry Z10 as a player would be an alternative. (My phone is a Q10)

The A15 is good for my needs. I bought the Lineout for my amp at home, the DAC cable is on the way and on the go it delivers good sound for my UE9000 or Sony MDR-10Bt. 

Nov 11, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #1,183 of 7,541
yeah even I am hater of fruit cnmpany.
But those products have good performance objectively speaking.

Fiio has ****ty ui
sony has bad amp and high impedance with worthless eq

cowon too costly with bad ui

ak/iriver-too costly.

dammit I think clip+ is gonna stay with me .lol

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,184 of 7,541
Far from it.
Point is its worth when it cannot do the main thing for which it was made properly.
Play music.

And most of audiophiles will have no problem buying it as they have got costly amps to pair this with improving its flaws.

Its the average user like me having a tight budget wanting bang for buck and no amps to pair with who is not happy.

I mean forget fiio,u got beat by a nano?
Damn this is as shocking as it gets.

Whats next?

clip is better,lol.
at least clip has an impedance of 1 approx,not sure of its power though.

Who said it got beat by a Nano? That is something you read on this forum. Have you tried it out yourself?

I came from the Fiio X5 and I find the music coming from my T51Ps to sound richer and fuller than it did with the X5. Mind you allot will rely on what you are listening to and what you are using to listen to it. Beyer isn't joking about Tesla being a very efficient driver so I don't need an amp.

Nov 11, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,185 of 7,541

Who said it got beat by a Nano? That is something you read on this forum. Have you tried it out yourself?

I came from the Fiio X5 and I find the music coming from my T51Ps to sound richer and fuller than it did with the X5. Mind you allot will rely on what you are listening to and what you are using to listen to it. Beyer isn't joking about Tesla being a very efficient driver so I don't need an amp.

The listening was not done by any random guy like u and me.
It was done by clieos who know is no novice.

Indivisual preferences may wary but it has a high imedance of 4 ohms and a very timid output current of .4 volt which i am 100% sure cannot even drive havi b3 properly.

And mind u he did not mention x3 and dx 50 which should be its competitors at 300$,,,,,,the comparison was between this,nano and x1.

I agree both players will shine with different music probably but the implementation of sony was bad as this is branded as a hr capable player,,lol.Looks like old wine in a new bottle to everyone who has tried it.

Asi have mentioned before my own brother returned x1 due to weight issues so no dap is perfect but sonically a-series looks to be sounding similar to older walkmans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back