SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Jan 10, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #6,601 of 7,541
Hey just been reading this post, i thought it was only the NW-A17 (without the Z) from japan etc that was stuck in japanese language ? I got one recently and sent it back as no way to change to english and i like english.

But the NWZ-A17. I thought has option to change language ?
Im thinking of ordering one from korea or japan. Anyone know ? Or us which will have customs charges.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #6,603 of 7,541
Yes that onnoyed me too i think perhaps you could tag all the flac files say with an (flac) in album name. Do same with bitrate ? I think tag and rename can do this automaticly, auto adding bitrate to the album name or filename or even folder.

I think thats the only thing i can think of doing.

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #6,604 of 7,541
Hey just been reading this post, i thought it was only the NW-A17 (without the Z) from japan etc that was stuck in japanese language ? I got one recently and sent it back as no way to change to english and i like english.

Im thinking of ordering one from korea or japan. Anyone know ? Or us which will have customs charges.

no idea. the one with noise cancelling in japan has no english from the reports we got in the past. but is there in japan also the international(minus EU) version? IDK.

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #6,605 of 7,541
Thanks for all your answers :)

Yes, custom risks, and then warranty later if needed a bit more complicated, etc etc ...

It's sad Sony made it mandatory and not optional, since not all the DAPs do it. I understand the health purpose, but on some files sources, or some usage (like input line in some old device) it's sometimes usefull.

Sony made a great product, but for european users like me that doesn't want to complicate the purchase, it's enough annoying to prevent me from buying it ...

Thanks again for all your answers :)

Jan 10, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #6,606 of 7,541

My AccessoryJack NW-ZX100 supports english, and many other languages

Jan 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #6,607 of 7,541

The Korean model has English language. My A25 is the Korean version.

Jan 13, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #6,608 of 7,541
super late to the party, I finally got myself a crappy multimeter, so I updated my review but no need to go look at it the only change is that I added this:
Quote:
ClieOS measured around 0.4V max for the headphone out, and 0.245V for the line out on the international A10 series. I would need to ask him what load value he used(if any), but still that should give you a little idea of the EU volume limit I measured on mine. 
0.3V into 100ohm and 0.254V into 22ohm for the headphone out maxed out.
and 0.245V from the line output.

so the EU version would seem to have the same LO(good news), but when using the headphone out it will be about 2.5db quieter(from 0.4 to 0.3v).

after a full year of wondering, now at long last I know what that damn EU limitation is doing \o/.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:47 AM Post #6,611 of 7,541
Thanks for that
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to find tye 64gb for sale now, not having much luck.

Cheaper to spend the money on an SD card no? 

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:39 AM Post #6,612 of 7,541

Thanks for that
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm trying to find tye 64gb for sale now, not having much luck.

Cheaper to spend the money on an SD card no? 

esp the 200GB one which is supported and formtted is 183GB, so if you get a 32GB or 16GB walkman you will have tons of storage still

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #6,613 of 7,541
^^ You are just showing off, but you do preach the truth.

Prices of memory will only continue to fall, crazy to think. My 128+16 internal comes to like 135GB usable space and let me tell you, I do not own enough CDs to fill it. 
Even my series of '101 Hits' which is 66 Discs in complete .flac do not fully fill my unit.

If my computer HDD ever dies, I still have a complete .flac of everything on my Walkman.
This thing is a bloody beauty. Bravo SONY, Bravo.

Jan 14, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #6,614 of 7,541
  ^^ You are just showing off, but you do preach the truth.

Prices of memory will only continue to fall, crazy to think. My 128+16 internal comes to like 135GB usable space and let me tell you, I do not own enough CDs to fill it. 
Even my series of '101 Hits' which is 66 Discs in complete .flac do not fully fill my unit.

If my computer HDD ever dies, I still have a complete .flac of everything on my Walkman.
This thing is a bloody beauty. Bravo SONY, Bravo.

I saw right now on amazon the 200GB ist at mere $99US dollar

Users who are viewing this thread

Back