SONY NW-ZX2
Mar 8, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #14,342 of 14,773
did the zx2 come with a pre installed screen protector as it looks like there is one on mine and the original owner did not put it on, I recall there xperia phones having something similar.
not for me, I have the Japanese one, can't comment for other region.

Mar 8, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #14,343 of 14,773
I’ve been cautious updating. FWIW just checked that I have Tidal version 2.2.5.752.1 and apparently it works fine.....And I still love my ZX2 :o2smile:

I'm using the same version and it multitasks very poorly. If I do a search while downloading to offline, Tidal usually crashes before I complete typing the search string. There are other combinations of tasks that also cause it to crash. I'm now doing most of my Tidal offline from an Activo CT10 (with a 400GB SDXC card).

Mar 8, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #14,344 of 14,773
I'm using the same version and it multitasks very poorly. If I do a search while downloading to offline, Tidal usually crashes before I complete typing the search string. There are other combinations of tasks that also cause it to crash. I'm now doing most of my Tidal offline from an Activo CT10 (with a 400GB SDXC card).
I agree it crashes quite often. However, I try to be patient, doing one thing at a time. Do most of the listening to downloaded stuff. Do you know if the earlier versions were more stable? Then it might be worthwhile re-installing if possible.

Mar 12, 2019 at 2:04 AM Post #14,347 of 14,773
did the zx2 come with a pre installed screen protector as it looks like there is one on mine and the original owner did not put it on, I recall there xperia phones having something similar.
i ordered a tampered glass from china. so far so good.

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #14,348 of 14,773
I'm using TIDAL version 2.25.752.1 (downloaded off some site referenced earlier on this thread) and it keeps saying that "2.11.8" is available. Has anyone tracked down that version and installed it? I'm a little wary of updating as TIDAL has generally been performing well for me. I have nothing else installed and run mostly in airplane mode with downloaded TIDAL tracks.

Edit: nevermind it is just the normal upgrade nag.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 5:31 AM Post #14,349 of 14,773
I have the older version of UAAP it works fine. I think I had to go back a couple of versions to find the one that worked.
Could you please let me know which UAPP version you downloaded?

Picked up a ZX2 at a decent price downloaded tidal 1.8.7 and it works very well no lag and sounds great.
The best thing apart from the SQ is the DLNA function which is very fast and seamless with all the servers I use, even better than the Hiby R6 and AK 240.
Even though the android is fairly old as long as you limit your apps it is still a fantastic player.

Are you doing DLNA streaming through the stock app or any other like UAPP?

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:18 AM Post #14,350 of 14,773
Could you please let me know which UAPP version you downloaded?

Are you doing DLNA streaming through the stock app or any other like UAPP?

I downloaded version 3.1.2. However, as you may have discovered, the version on the google play store will not work with andriod 4.2, so I had to download and apk file. I downloaded the Apk from one of the sites, I don’t remember which one. I did have to try a couple of versions of UAPP until I found one that worked. It is possible that newer version exists that will work with andriod 4.2. I mainly use Neutron so didn’t look very hard for the latest version.

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #14,351 of 14,773
I downloaded version 3.1.2. However, as you may have discovered, the version on the google play store will not work with andriod 4.2, so I had to download and apk file. I downloaded the Apk from one of the sites, I don’t remember which one. I did have to try a couple of versions of UAPP until I found one that worked. It is possible that newer version exists that will work with andriod 4.2. I mainly use Neutron so didn’t look very hard for the latest version.
Thank you very much. I will try to download the version you mentioned.
I'm desperate as there are limitations in the stock music app (such as it does only play the whole file in ape files) and I wanted to use my favourite UAPP.

Apr 21, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #14,352 of 14,773
Thank you very much. I will try to download the version you mentioned.
I'm desperate as there are limitations in the stock music app (such as it does only play the whole file in ape files) and I wanted to use my favourite UAPP.

I think the stock player probably sounds the best, but I don’t have any ape files. You may want to try Neutron as well. As you can download it from the play store and it works well.

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #14,353 of 14,773
I think the stock player probably sounds the best, but I don’t have any ape files. You may want to try Neutron as well. As you can download it from the play store and it works well.
Thanks.

I'll try UAPP first which I know very well and am familiar with its interface (I'll try DLNA streaming through this too) and then possibly try Neutron.
It's good there are working alternatives. I don;t doubt that the stock player is the best in terms of pure sound but that Android software is archaic now and not very usable...

Apr 21, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #14,354 of 14,773
Contact the UAPP developer; the latest UAPP supports 4.2 — it’s something in the play store that incorrectly identifies it as not being compatible. He sent me an APK directly.

Note ZX2 doesn’t support direct mode so there is no bit perfect playback in UAPP. I was working with them to no avail a few months back.

Apr 21, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #14,355 of 14,773
Contact the UAPP developer; the latest UAPP supports 4.2 — it’s something in the play store that incorrectly identifies it as not being compatible. He sent me an APK directly.

Note ZX2 doesn’t support direct mode so there is no bit perfect playback in UAPP. I was working with them to no avail a few months back.
Thanks for that.
He sent me an apk directly and have installed it. Works like a charm now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back