SONY NW-ZX2
Aug 25, 2015 at 2:27 AM Post #7,261 of 14,773
Yes, no difference at all for the European version.

You meant u saw no effect ? You have to do it correctly. M

1/ it will not work, if you did not use the app at all.

2/ a/ open sound enhancement app
B/ sound setting
C/ Dynamic normalizer
D/ close the app
E/ proceed to setting, and disable the app from there. Make sure to turn your volume down. If u disabled it correctly, the app shortcut would be erased out of your home screen. Remember that most important step.....C/

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #7,262 of 14,773
All of a sudden the battery is not charging? I charged it up last night to fully charged 100%. I've been listening for about 6hrs now, it got down to 20% and when I go to charge it's indicating that it's NOT charging on USB or plugged into wall socket. 

I've charged it probably 100 times. 

Am I missing something? Should I let it run dry?

Need some help, it was working great yesterday and now wont charge?

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:38 AM Post #7,263 of 14,773
All of a sudden the battery is not charging? I charged it up last night to fully charged 100%. I've been listening for about 6hrs now, it got down to 20% and when I go to charge it's indicating that it's NOT charging on USB or plugged into wall socket. 

I've charged it probably 100 times. 

Am I missing something? Should I let it run dry?

Need some help, it was working great yesterday and now wont charge?

Quickly return it. Lithium batteries should not be run dry.
Charge between 80-40% capacity to maintain a healthy battery lifespan.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:40 AM Post #7,264 of 14,773
I've just downloaded Neutron App and so far it's been amazing. Music selection by album, folder, by song to sound options and sq is way better than the crappy sony app. :)
Anybody tried anything better?

Aug 25, 2015 at 4:13 AM Post #7,265 of 14,773
You meant u saw no effect ? You have to do it correctly. M

1/ it will not work, if you did not use the app at all.

2/ a/ open sound enhancement app
B/ sound setting
C/ Dynamic normalizer
D/ close the app
E/ proceed to setting, and disable the app from there. Make sure to turn your volume down. If u disabled it correctly, the app shortcut would be erased out of your home screen. Remember that most important step.....C/

I did:

1) stop music
2) lowered volume to 25% (more or less)
3) opened sound settings
4) on/off clean audio or on/off dsse (bit not dynamic normalizer)
5) closed app
6) disabled app (shortcut disappeared)
7) started music

Nothing changed.

I even tried performing the same steps with music playing....nothing changed anyway.

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #7,266 of 14,773

same here, 535 is just fine but z7 is way too low, i am searching a way to disable the cap but all the things that i find in here non of them worked, even i disable the app the volume does not change :frowning2: 
there should be a way to do it!!

Aug 25, 2015 at 5:58 AM Post #7,267 of 14,773
Disabling the sound enhancement can be hit and miss, sometimes it won't work. But it will eventually work, make sure sound enhancement app is enabled before turning unit off. Then turn unit on again, straight away go into apps and disable sound enhancement, then check apps > running, the sound enhancement app should have disappeared from this list. Then try playing music straight from the main screen with the music player widget.

Aug 25, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #7,268 of 14,773
So are mine and I have 12 so far. If you want to add whole albums just press and hold the album art and you can add songs and then goto playlist and delete what u don't like. You can do this by genres and artists as well. I also add to playlists when I play albums and built them in stages. This is bit of work but you do this once.. Sure not as convenient as creating your own outside and importing but works

Pc

Most of mine are programmatically generated. "100 most recent Rock" and the like

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #7,269 of 14,773
I've just downloaded Neutron App and so far it's been amazing. Music selection by album, folder, by song to sound options and sq is way better than the crappy sony app.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anybody tried anything better?

I use GoneMAD: fantastic.
I tried to like JetAudio (the desktop app is brilliant), but it struggles on the ZX (works better on phone, so I suspect it's not very well optimized)
Dice player interface is nice.
You can also use Rockbox, but it's beta and not really ready for prime time. (if it ever will be but I haven't check if there have been updated for the Android port for a while)

Aug 25, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #7,270 of 14,773
I heard that the Sony music app is the only app with access to the full DAC - can anyone confirm this? I have a call scheduled with a Sony person this am and will ask specifically - but I expect the answer that all other apps are relegated to non hirez

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #7,271 of 14,773
I heard that the Sony music app is the only app with access to the full DAC - can anyone confirm this? I have a call scheduled with a Sony person this am and will ask specifically - but I expect the answer that all other apps are relegated to non hirez

I have heard the same thing multiple times from multiple sources. Although, I don't know that any of them have been first-hand from Sony.

As for your playlist woes, I noticed the same issue you're experiencing.

There's only one "work around" that I'm aware of, if you want to call it that.

If you use Media Go and have your playlists in there, you can transfer them over to the ZX2. If you're sending a copy of a playlist to the main storage, and that playlist contains, oh, lets say 200 tracks that you have on the SD card, then what Media Go will do is copy over those 200 tracks to your main storage.

The upside is your playlist will now work properly. The downside is that you will now have duplicate tracks on the ZX2. It will eat up more storage space, and the database on the ZX2 will show you both copies. In such a case, if you wanted to play back a single album, and that album happens to have two copies of every song, you will hear each track twice when you play it back.

I could consider myself "fortunate" in that I only have a few gigabytes worth of tracks that are duplicated. So I manually went through and removed the "duplicate" files from my SD card.

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #7,272 of 14,773
  The upside is your playlist will now work properly. The downside is that you will now have duplicate tracks on the ZX2. It will eat up more storage space, and the database on the ZX2 will show you both copies. In such a case, if you wanted to play back a single album, and that album happens to have two copies of every song, you will hear each track twice when you play it back.

I could consider myself "fortunate" in that I only have a few gigabytes worth of tracks that are duplicated. So I manually went through and removed the "duplicate" files from my SD card.

I actually use my own app, and I could rewrite some of it in order to "do the right thing" but Id rather Sony fix their app. 3rd party music players have no issues... but dont have access tot he DAC or hardware buttons....

The world of the Audiophile - always something missing :wink:

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:22 AM Post #7,273 of 14,773
In all Android Walkmans I have (Z, ZX1, ZX2), I do think Sony's stock player has more access to the sound, even without the "Sound Adjustments" app. If I compare to Neutron or Onkyo HF, the stock player sounds different. Mr. Rochlin, who extensively tested the ZX2 vs. the AK240 and AK380 also thinks Sony has built-in software EQ/access to the audio chip through their stock software.  

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0615/Astell_Kern_AK380_Review.htm

Aug 25, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #7,274 of 14,773
  In all Android Walkmans I have (Z, ZX1, ZX2), I do think Sony's stock player has more access to the sound, even without the "Sound Adjustments" app. If I compare to Neutron or Onkyo HF, the stock player sounds different. Mr. Rochlin, who extensively tested the ZX2 vs. the AK240 and AK380 also thinks Sony has built-in software EQ/access to the audio chip through their stock software.  

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/superioraudio/equipment/0615/Astell_Kern_AK380_Review.htm

Iv had tape walkmans, discmans, minidisc players and now the ZX2... At least we dont have to buy Memory Sticks or MiniDiscs anymore :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back